Trafalgar Arms Fair Cancelled

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
MistAgain

Trafalgar Arms Fair Cancelled

#1 Post by MistAgain »

SENT ON BEHALF OF ANDREW MERCER
Our Bisley ranges are very busy, NRA membership is growing, and the number of entries to competitions are pleasing. However our focus in 2021 is recovery after surviving last year, which has meant operating with very modest numbers of staff. We do not currently have the resources to deliver an Arms Fair to the standard that exhibitors and visitors expect, so have decided to cancel.

Damm !
Ncb2734
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Spires rifle and pistol - Classic and Historic - NRA

Re: Trafalgar Arms Fair Cancelled

#2 Post by Ncb2734 »

More like he won't make any money out of it
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Europeans?
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#4 Post by Mattnall »

Ncb2734 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:52 pm More like he won't make any money out of it
He'll need to at least break even.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
PeterN

#5 Post by PeterN »

That is disappointing. I have attended that meeting every year from 1988 when it was run by the South London Rifle Club. That is 32 years without missing a single meeting. One of the main reasons for going is the Arms Fair. Without that, the meeting loses much of its attractiveness and makes me wonder whether to call it a day and not bother this year. I will give it some thought, but no Arms Fair leaves a big hole in the meeting for me. I thought last year would be a one off and it would be back to normal this year.
Regards
Peter.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#6 Post by DanTheMan »

After visiting the Kempton arms fair several times recently it's pretty much all of the Trafalgar stalls and more
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#7 Post by bradaz11 »

lack of staff? what exactly does the NRA / Bisley staff do at the arms fair? lay out the tables and unlock the doors?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#8 Post by bnz41 »

DanTheMan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:06 pm After visiting the Kempton arms fair several times recently it's pretty much all of the Trafalgar stalls and more
We visited the last fair at Kempton, & agree with Dan most of the Bisley stall holders were there, even one of the Fultons chaps had a stall.
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#9 Post by FredB »

The arms fair use to make the meeting. In recent years, attempts to upgrade by the NRA have priced out the smaller dealers and so it has become like any other arms fair. It is an effort to travel 150 miles to shoot when i can do most of it at my local club. Last year was the first Trafalgar that I have missed. This year will be the second,
Fred
Jorden
Home club or Range: ponteland

#10 Post by Jorden »

I agree, last years Trafalgar was very flat, I had hoped and expected that this years arms fair would be back to normal, I sometimes think that the NRA do not like guns very much.