Posting load data from 23/2/2021!

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Posting load data from 23/2/2021!

#11 Post by dromia »

I think brochlach it well past time for some non environmentally friendly cymag pellets to be put through your letterbox, chimney, ventilation holes and any other available sett orifice.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
RDC

#12 Post by RDC »

I don't see what the problem is with this request. Stating what load manual and edition you developed it from is hardly long winded or difficult.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

I use Quickload to get a starting point......is a printout from this acceptable?
Obviously, we'd like to help each other out, but only if it can be done safely..............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

No Quickload is not acceptable as it is only a predictive software of variable accuracy dependant on the quality of information put in. It says itself that it cannot replace tested printed data.

Anyone using Quickload exclusively for loads without cross reference to tested data is gambling with safety.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

Bryan, great data!

I used QuickLoad as a rough and ready reference however I had a couple of loads where it varied significantly from manufacturers data and in the wrong direction. one example that springs to mind was the 6,5-284 with 139 grain Lapua projectiles where QL even at the bottom end of the scale was way too hot for my rifle.

These days I am happy to shoot at around 80-85% of manufacturers suggested loads, a good example is the 22-.250 where is used to be fashionable in some quarters to run as close to 4,000fps as you can with a 55 grain projectile, my view is a 50 grain projectile at 3,500fps gets the job done just as well.

I assume we will not be seeing any F/TR loads on the forum from now :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin

#16 Post by dromia »

Ok thread locked, not the place for data discussion, this is an "for information" thread.

Anyone still puzzled by the blatantly obvious requirement then they can contact me directly.

Anyone who disagrees with this will just have to suck it up, get over it and comply by providing the data source requested or not posting unverified loads..

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!