Gunstar anybody had dealings with Catawiki ?

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Gunstar anybody had dealings with Catawiki ?

#1 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Been browsing gunstar and noticed that there appears to be a company called catawiki advertising.
It seems to be an auction site based in the Netherlands. Just wondering has anybody had dealings with them ?
daman
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

Re: Gunstar anybody had dealings with Catawiki ?

#2 Post by daman »

I've bid on a few of their auctions, but only won one. I received an email from the seller shortly after and the transaction went smoothly.
It seems to be like the ebay model - they host the auction and take payment, then the seller deals with you direct for delivery.

-daman
Jamesthut
Home club or Range: London Historic Shooting Club

#3 Post by Jamesthut »

I've used catawiki. I won an auction for what was advertised as a Gras carbine rifle. There were plenty of pictures but naturally no clear bore shots. The auction fee was only 9% which is much less than some and the postage from France was very reasonable for such a large item. Unfortunately when it arrived it was clear that it had been converted to a shotgun - unsure of the gauge. I contacted the seller and he apologised, claimed he didn't know it had been converted and said that he would refund me if I sent it back, even though he wasn't obliged to. I even got the auction fee and original postage back, so my only loss was the return postage fee. So I got pretty lucky.

So lessons:
Make sure you know what you are bidding on
Only professional sellers are obliged to offer returns & refunds, so check the seller
Catawiki experts are probably not very diligent
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Oddly I only came across them earlier this week so will follow this thread with interest.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Pete
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by Pete »

Just had a look.......wish i hadn't. Could prove expensive....

Looks a bit more "professional" than fleabay, somehow, and there are some nice Omega watches...........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....