Kriss Defiance DMK22 Food

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

BLZeebub

Kriss Defiance DMK22 Food

#1 Post by BLZeebub »

Afternoon All,

I picked up a Kriss 22 last year with the aim to use it for minirifle. I did quite a bit of research at the time and was aware of the weak firing pin and it being a bit picky with S&W 15-22 mags. I've put well over 5000 rounds of CCI SV through it and for the most part it's been good except on the odd day it suffered from light strikes an FTF's. The S&W mags got better with the ARCATCH22 adapters but on the last outing it was a bit more finicky than usual.

For the new year I've treated it to some upgrades after watching Valmont vids on YT with the BR22 trigger, Ti firing pin (turns out the pin and spring were broken), extractor and Raptor charging handle and ambi selector and anti walk pins.

On the last YT vid, Valmont recommended Eley Benchrest Outlaw as the best he'd tried but it doesn't seem to be too common. Anybody seen any sellers in Kent?

Also, any other Kriss users?

Cheers
Nat
B-)
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Kriss Defiance DMK22 Food

#2 Post by Sim G »

If Valmont told me today was Wednesday, I’d want a second opinion...!!

It’s a .22 semi. It’s an AR replica .22 semi. You’ve put 5000 rounds of CCI through it which has been reliable save for a few occasions and now you’ve replaced previously unknown broken parts.

I’d say carry on with you CCI. And I certainly wouldn’t be looking to try it with any Eley at the minute, given their recent quality.

But if you feel you really, really must try a different ammo, then get a couple of boxes of every type you can and try them. Don’t commit to a large amount of un tested in your gun.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Sim G wrote:If Valmont told me today was Wednesday, I’d want a second opinion...!!
Well that is coffee all over my keyboard, hard to disagree though. CCI Subs or Eley Contact both work in the Kriss, just keep it clean and beware everything you read on the internet.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Andy

#4 Post by Andy »

Mine doesn't get on well with any of the eley offerings.
Don't use HV stuff as they don't like it.
Mine runs best on standard CCI, so that's what I feed it if I can get it.

Yes keeping it clean is paramount.
BamBam

#5 Post by BamBam »

Don't have a Kriss, but I do use M&P mags and they do wear out.
Number your mags to keep track of those that are nearing end of life.
My old mags are training mags and the newer for competition only.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#6 Post by TattooedGun »

Ovenpaa wrote:
Sim G wrote:If Valmont told me today was Wednesday, I’d want a second opinion...!!
Well that is coffee all over my keyboard, hard to disagree though. CCI Subs or Eley Contact both work in the Kriss, just keep it clean and beware everything you read on the internet.
Reassuring to see it's not just me... cheers
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#7 Post by bradaz11 »

if valmont says they are good, he means good for him to sell. It just means they give him the best profit margin.

guy at silverstone ranges did a rather in depth test on ammo, https://www.silverstoneshootingcentre.c ... e-results/

I'm not rewatching his last vid as I don't have headphones in, but I think by memeory that geco semi auto and RWS semi auto are the top (and I also think they are the same ammo??) but his last vid explains it.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
BLZeebub

#8 Post by BLZeebub »

All good to know!

Mine has only had SV and still killed the pin despite them supposedly being fixed by Kriss. I had read HV wasn't ideal and may have been the cause of busted pins.

Hadn't heard that S&W's wear out, so many thanks to BamBam for that.

Interestingly, 4 of us ran a Kriss at the last club meet and oneof them reckoned it was stock and he always runs MiniMags - he had no FTF, jams or light strikes. Meanwhile the rest of us had at least some issues. Mine must have been at least partially the broken pin.

Mine worked much better feeding with the shims on the shims on the mags but others have ad no issues.

All good fun!
B-)
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#9 Post by bradaz11 »

kriss firing pins are just a bad design in general, and copying a bad design out of different materials isn't the fix. needs redesigning. or building differently.

minimag is ok, but it is VERY inconsistent. listening to guys shooting it the range it seems it is very much a case of bang, bang, bang, BANG! bang, bang, pop, bang, bang, BANG!
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#10 Post by Cornish-Viking »

I have a Kriss and it eats everything. I tend to stick to CCI mini mags tho.
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/