Sport England emergency aid fund

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Re: NRA emergency aid fund

#21 Post by hitchphil »

Andy632 wrote:Maybe the NRA could give us a refund on the Affiliation fees???????????????

Oh, look, a pig has just flown past my window!
= Sure - if you want to bankrupt & bring the organisation down?

This is not an NRA Emergency Aid Fund! - its Sport England / GB etc. NRA are just bringing it to the attention of membership & clubs. Personally I think shooting will be a long way down the queue & then there are the standard prejudices anyway to get any benefit, but in theory if you have a range with some costs you might get some help.

NB About 300 Bisley caravan & hut licence fee holders are in effect subbing the NRA the equivalent of £150k because we will get no rebate on that for no use or access, from March to when? end June 3m ~£75k worth, or end Aug ~£150k ish.

Thats about the same as asking every individual Member to increase their subs by £10 to £15 each. If NRA asked for +£10 to £15 from every member to survive & be there in 2020 - will you pay in?

There are a lot of non members in affiliated clubs, the only contribution they make is a share of the £80 affiliation fee & £10 for their safe cert card which doesn't make a contribution over its costs. So far from clubs asking NRA for a rebate? maybe NRA should be asking for a sub for every non NRA member in all its affiliated clubs? as NSRA are looking to do? as many other sporting organisations (Scuba Tennis etc) already do..... but shooting doesn't? - a lot of people get their shooting for very little if any real contribution to the club based side of the sport?

Maybe now is the time to redress that balance?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#22 Post by Andy632 »

Our club doesn't shoot at Bisley & doesn't use mod ranges. We just narrowly approved remaining membership last year, a big increase would not be tolerated by our club.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
RDC

#23 Post by RDC »

hitchphil wrote: There are a lot of non members in affiliated clubs, the only contribution they make is a share of the £80 affiliation fee & £10 for their safe cert card which doesn't make a contribution over its costs. So far from clubs asking NRA for a rebate? maybe NRA should be asking for a sub for every non NRA member in all its affiliated clubs? as NSRA are looking to do? as many other sporting organisations (Scuba Tennis etc) already do..... but shooting doesn't? - a lot of people get their shooting for very little if any real contribution to the club based side of the sport?

Maybe now is the time to redress that balance?

No.

Why should non-individual members subsidize Bisley? Many clubs around the country are held to ransom by the competency card monopoly in order to shoot on MoD ranges. Because of this, they have to be affiliated with the NRA. The vast majority will never set foot in Bisley, with it's massive running costs.

The NSRA wheeze to grab more money from clubs that get very little in return is bad enough. It's even worse if the NRA do it, because most clubs don't have a choice other than be an affiliated club if they want to shoot fullbore.
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#24 Post by FredB »

YOU ARE ANSWERING YOUR OWN QUESTION. The competance card was not the idea of the NRA: it was forced upon us by the military authority that owns the ranges---including Bisley.
Without a recognised national body, there would be no cards and no shooting on military ranges.
Fred
RDC

#25 Post by RDC »

FredB wrote:YOU ARE ANSWERING YOUR OWN QUESTION. The competance card was not the idea of the NRA: it was forced upon us by the military authority that owns the ranges---including Bisley.
Without a recognised national body, there would be no cards and no shooting on military ranges.
Fred

No I am not. My club(s) pay affiliation to the NRA for that. Why should the individual members of a club pay even more, to subsidise Bisley? Just like the NSRA can ram it too. They gain no further benefit unless they regularly attend Bisley. If they were interested in filling NRA coffers further, they would already be paying for NRA individual membership.
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#26 Post by Thorney »

As a commercial (non affiliated) range our costs have not changed at all, but our income has disappeared. But we wont be applying for any sport aid grant simply as it would be a complete waste of time, the term shooting and sport do not compute to any of these people, we are on our own and must deal with it I'm afraid.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#27 Post by mag41uk »

You should apply for these grants.
I know a few clubs over the years who have got them.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#28 Post by Andy632 »

mag41uk wrote:You should apply for these grants.
I know a few clubs over the years who have got them.
:good: Absolutely; we've had one from Awards for All (Scotland) £9k+
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Sport England emergency aid fund

#29 Post by Alpha1 »

If you have premises you should definitely give this a go. You do not realize what is available. We have over the years received lots of monetary grants including national lottery funding.
Its not good enough to say oh well its shooting related that.s not going to work. You need to get your Club Secretary to check it out.
I go after every thing I can to keep my Guys shooting.