doubleboost

If you are making it or modifying it, repairing it or restoring it, it goes in here.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

doubleboost

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Not sure if you guys are familiar with his youtube channel etc. He is a real character a great Guy. Check him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3LNNwSx6M
Alpha1

Re: doubleboost

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

Pickering were this was shot is a really scenic car drive from were I live. Every year they hold a traction engine rally and have done for more years than I can remember.
Doubleboost is a machinist a metal worker extraordinaire if you have any interest in any thing mechanical go check him out.
Pickering is also the home of one of the best steam engine railways in the UK.
I visit it as often as I can. They also have Pickering Gun Club so its definitely worth a visit.
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

Watching his you tube videos to try and stem the boredom.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Get out to the shed and make something! In fact, go and make something complex, scrap it and learn from the experience. I have cocked all sorts of things up in the search for excellence and I truly think I have learnt from every single mistake. It might be a speed/feed thing to snapping an M2 tap, to miscalculating flutes spacing, to dropping a solid carbide slot mill on the mill vice, to having a small part fly out of my fingers whilst polishing. The important thing is a I learnt from every single mistake.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal