Phoenix range in Barnsley.

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Phoenix range in Barnsley.

#1 Post by safetyfirst »

Anyone got any experience with this company?

I’m figuring it’d be better to go there with friends and family than my home clubs friends and family days, in terms of the fun to be had....
Dahonis

Re: Phoenix range in Barnsley.

#2 Post by Dahonis »

Website and description look very good bangbang
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#3 Post by Gh0st »

There’s a guy who always used to push it on the Facebook groups.

Might be worth ago for like you say friend and family
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Alamode
Home club or Range: Phoenix Range Barnsley

#4 Post by Alamode »

I am a member of Phoenix Range Barnsley, I joined on the back of a try shoot and I must admit I haven’t regretted it at all, it has a great atmosphere, good indoor range with turning targets. It will be great in winter when the cold sets in, no draughty sheds for me :)

You can get a family membership which is great value if more than one of you shoot..... my wife is not a gun lover so only a single membership for me
Bovril
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Phoenix range, Barnsley

#5 Post by Bovril »

I'm also a member here and have only been a few times but am a big fan. The club has been very welcoming towards me. The clubhouse is very comfortable, the lanes are well divided with good lighting, automatic running targets which have turning timers. Each lane has a camera displaying on a tablet at the firing line so no need for spotting scopes!
They have a great range of guns for club use of many calibres. Range hire fee is reasonable, booking system easy to use and also provides an ongoing record of attendance which will be helpful for my fac application I'd imagine.
They are building their outdoor practical shotgun range which is going to be used alternate weekends by members.

It is about 45 minutes from home for me but it's worth it in my opinion.