Birmingham 2022

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Birmingham 2022

#1 Post by Pete »

"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Birmingham 2022

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Conisdering the current wave of anti-shooting rhetoric washing through the midlands i'd be amazed if there was any shooting at all in Brum
DVC
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Gave up reading the article teanews
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#4 Post by Gh0st »

Blackstuff wrote:Conisdering the current wave of anti-shooting rhetoric washing through the midlands i'd be amazed if there was any shooting at all in Brum
plenty.... just not legal.. :run:
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#5 Post by Dark Skies »

They will probably come to a compromise that suits the soft and fluffy.
https://youtu.be/G7MDrUG4cws?t=2076
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#6 Post by Pippin89 »

By the sounds of it they will have a commonwealth championship but not at the same time as the games. Probably the year after. Well done India for standing up for it. Fingers crossed those responsible are made to feel like idiots!
Graham M

#7 Post by Graham M »

Another interesting comment that came up during the press conference from CGI secretary general, Rajeev Mehta, was that India could be keen to bring the Commonwealth Games back to the country in 2026 or 2030.
Sounds like a bribe to get India to send their other athletes to Brum in 2022 knowing that they will be proposed for the games in 2030.
This bullsite is nothing new https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-14341077

That went down like a lead balloon as well.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#8 Post by Pippin89 »

Graham M wrote:
Another interesting comment that came up during the press conference from CGI secretary general, Rajeev Mehta, was that India could be keen to bring the Commonwealth Games back to the country in 2026 or 2030.
Sounds like a bribe to get India to send their other athletes to Brum in 2022 knowing that they will be proposed for the games in 2030.
This bullsite is nothing new https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-14341077

That went down like a lead balloon as well.
"Petition signed by 50 people...." lol
Graham M

#9 Post by Graham M »

Yes 50 people, and THEY were from the neighbouring area where all of the gun crime is being committed.
This was 8/9 years ago and no-one took a blind bit of notice and it is still referred to as The Gun Quarter.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
rox

#10 Post by rox »

Graham M wrote:knowing that they will be proposed for the games in 2030.
You don't get 'proposed' to host the Games - you put forward your bid, then all the countries vote (except in the case of an emergency process, such as the one that gave Birmingham the Games after Durban was cancelled). Since shooters make up a significant proportion of many of the smaller teams, a bid without shooting under the normal voting process would normally struggle.

When Durban failed it looked like a blessing, since they were going to have shooting, but no full bore. Sadly things went from bad to worse.

I never expected there was any chance I might shoot in India again though.