RUGER REDHAWK LBP

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

RUGER REDHAWK LBP

#1 Post by Dellboy »

Been offered a couple of guns from a friends widow and i have a problem with one

Ruger Redwawk LBR in 38/357 looks like its not really been used (i didnt know he had it ) the problem is whats it really worth ?
there is non on guntrader or gunstar and the only mention on here was two years ago for £1700
Is that there value ? are they any good ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: RUGER REDHAWK LBP

#2 Post by Sim G »

They’re a decent revolver, but heavy and clunky. Their value here come from their rarity. I let one go years ago for their market value of 600 quid at the time. Someone recently advertised one on GT for £2700. It wasn’t there long, so can’t think it took long to sell. Which I’m sorry, is just crazy!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#3 Post by Dark Skies »

I just can't bring myself to buy into the long barrelled revolver scene. Just too cumbersome looking.
Highwood classics sold one recently for £1600. You could buy a bunch of nice BP revolvers for that - and still have change for a decent under-lever rifle.
Still, each to their own.
https://www.highwoodclassicarms.co.uk/F ... e/0202.htm
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021

#4 Post by Dellboy »

Dark Skies wrote:I just can't bring myself to buy into the long barrelled revolver scene. Just too cumbersome looking.
Highwood classics sold one recently for £1600. You could buy a bunch of nice BP revolvers for that - and still have change for a decent under-lever rifle.
Still, each to their own.
https://www.highwoodclassicarms.co.uk/F ... e/0202.htm

I cant get into the long barrrel stuff either (although ive got a buckmark) .Especially since i have a CZ in a safe in Czech. But im guessing i will end up with it and perhaps sell it on later as there are a couple of things i will keep from a sentimental reason .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021

#5 Post by Dellboy »

Sim G wrote:They’re a decent revolver, but heavy and clunky. Their value here come from their rarity. I let one go years ago for their market value of 600 quid at the time. Someone recently advertised one on GT for £2700. It wasn’t there long, so can’t think it took long to sell. Which I’m sorry, is just crazy!

ouch better than a Taurus though ...
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#6 Post by Geek »

[quote="Dark Skies"]I just can't bring myself to buy into the long barrelled revolver scene. Just too cumbersome looking.

I know what you mean, surely a carbine underlever can't be that much longer and also much more accurate.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

Test fire it before you part with any money, accuracy can be 'interesting'
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
ordnance

#8 Post by ordnance »

Geek wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:I just can't bring myself to buy into the long barrelled revolver scene. Just too cumbersome looking.

I know what you mean, surely a carbine underlever can't be that much longer and also much more accurate.
Any rifle will be more accurate than a handgun, if you are buying any handgun its not for its pin point accuracy.
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#9 Post by FredB »

Tne nut behind the gun dictates accuracy and handguns are more difficult to shoot. Look at the scores obtained in long range pistol competitions at the anno domini meetings of the past. I have shot both a Redhawk and a Model 27 S&W at 300 yds and have no complaints about accuracy.
Fred
Rarms
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Rarms »

They are lovely guns. Unlikely to ever be produced again. One of the two that I have owned had issues cycling though, I think it had seen an amateur gun smith prior to me...