GSG 1911

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

GSG 1911

#1 Post by Nelly2014 »

I have some extended mags and some not. The former are no problem but standard mags are not so easy to insert when you're in a hurry.
My question is how much can I Dremmel off the 'nannystate' contraption around the magwell and still be legal?
I've searched ootoob and can't find any reference to such modification, this lack may be significant but I don't know.
Just wondering if anyone else has done this. I realise that the length of the LBP may not be compromised and this is not my intention, just the bulk around the magwell to make insertion/extraction easier.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: GSG 1911

#2 Post by Sim G »

I'd say as much as you want as long as you don't affect the structural integrity of the the rod and hence it's OAL.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#3 Post by bradaz11 »

As much as you like so long as it doesn't snap off
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Andy

#4 Post by Andy »

I cut everything forward of the mounting bolts off.
Loads easier to get mags in and out now.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

I've shaved mine away so the original bumpers i put on the mag bases protrude passed it. Now i have +3 bases on 5 of my mags they're well beyond it.
Attachments
Gsg.jpg
DVC
shellshokt
Home club or Range: KFC and TR&PC

#6 Post by shellshokt »

I did the same to mine. Not quite as aggressive as Blackstuff but sufficient to make sure standard mags securely locked into position. But with extended mags it works a dream, and lets face it, who wants 10 rounds when you can have more!
IMG_20180729_105836_DRO (2).jpg
"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken