Gun clubs posting videos

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

Gun clubs posting videos

#1 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

I have a few clubs on my social media. One in particular regularly posts videos of their ROs shooting rapid fire on their range for no reason other than to just mag dump. Now I get it, social media drives business and lets make it look cool get customers through the door etc but its starting to really nag at me to the point where I don't think they are really representing the sport for what it really is.

If I was to turn up at their range and dump 10 rounds through my shotgun I am sure the RO would be all over me like a rash. I know my own club would certainly not approve of that many shots in such a short space.

Secondly, its only a matter of time before the media get hold of videos like this and your average MOP would be "outraged" in the way only daily mail readers can be.

But seriously, I appreciate at clubs need to do PR but I think this really is the wrong way to go about if for the rest of us given the stance HMG seem to be taking on firearms.

I would be very disappointed if these videos were used in future to show MPs that certain firearms were capable of such high ROF - "just for the gram".

Anyway, maybe I am getting old. teanews
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: Gun clubs posting videos

#2 Post by safetyfirst »

There’s nothing illegal or wrong about mag dumps but there’s not a lot that’s good about feeding the media nonsense surrounding firearms either.

You’re not getting old, it’s just daft and poor PR.
BamBam

#3 Post by BamBam »

I think I know the video you mean and considering that they're a miniature rifle range they're not doing that segment of the industry any favours.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#4 Post by Geek »

safetyfirst wrote:There’s nothing illegal or wrong about mag dumps but there’s not a lot that’s good about feeding the media nonsense surrounding firearms either.

You’re not getting old, it’s just daft and poor PR.
I very much agree.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
ordnance

#5 Post by ordnance »

A promotional video of a club advertising their facilities here , i don't see issues.

Video Gallery - NITSA | Northern Ireland Target Sports Association
www.nitsa.org.uk/video.html
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#6 Post by safetyfirst »

Nope, no issue with that at all.
Rockhopper

#7 Post by Rockhopper »

I don’t have an issue with it personally either but I can see why some people might.
RDC

#8 Post by RDC »

ordnance wrote:A promotional video of a club advertising their facilities here , i don't see issues.

Video Gallery - NITSA | Northern Ireland Target Sports Association
http://www.nitsa.org.uk/video.html
I don't either with that video!

I also need to get over there with the UKPSA next year!
Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

#9 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

Just to be clear the videos I am talking about are *nothing* like the one posted above.

I have looked to try and find something comparable without success due to the ROF but its basically similar to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR9Ayo6N8fU

But with, hey guys... come and shoot like this on our range.... pewpewpewpewpewpewpew.... cool eh!

:bad:
BamBam

#10 Post by BamBam »

Yes, there's 2 videos of sec 1 shotgun mag dumps, one a few weeks ago with a mag fed shotgun and a recent one with a tube fed semi-auto.
I object to practical shotgun being called combat shotgun too.