I bought the Kriss Defiance DMK22C today

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Blair_Mc

I bought the Kriss Defiance DMK22C today

#1 Post by Blair_Mc »

Unfortunately I'm busy so won't get a chance to shoot it for a while and I only had an hour to mess about with... I mean check it for faults at home before going to work. It seems solid enough I'm just itching to get it on the range. Anyone else got experience with this model?
Attachments
20190504_152227.jpg
20190504_152113.jpg
I spend lots of money putting holes in paper.
Andy

Re: I bought the Kriss Defiance DMK22C today

#2 Post by Andy »

Yep. I've got one. Had it for over a year now.
The firing pin broke the extractor wore out and the bolt release snapped. The mags after a while won't activate the bolt hold on empty as the spring inside isn't strong enough.
Fixes :
New titanium firing pin.
New replacement bolt release.
Smith and wesson 15 22 mags. They hold 25 rounds and have a meaty spring which is man enough to operate the bolt hold.

My mate also got one the same time as me. His kept having failures of the bolt not going into battery properly. He sent it back. It now works but shoots flames out the side for some reason !

I do like mine, but if I were buying now I would get the lantac la sf.
Blair_Mc

#3 Post by Blair_Mc »

I was going to save for a Lantac but a store near me was selling these so I could get my hands on one to see how it feels in my hands and walk away with it that day if I decided to purchase. It's solidly built, nothing rattles or shakes. I did hear that the firing pin could go quicker than it should so I'm planning to get titanium too. I'll watch out for the other problems but everything I could check in the shop worked and if there is a problem when I eventually get it to the range then Kriss will be getting an ear full. The all metal upper and lower is what I was after as I prefer the feel over polymer (I'm sure others have different opinions on that lol).
I've got 2 of the S&W 15-22 mags already from Black Rifle as I knew I was going for the AR15 over say a Ruger 10/22.
majordisorder

#4 Post by majordisorder »

These are great rifles. We saw a few with teething problems like FTF but they've been resolved in later rifles. They've all been laser accurate too. We know of a couple that broke firing pins but they're way more gentle on them than the Lantac which eats them.
Black Rifle - Firearms, Ammunition, Vortex Optics, MDT Chassis, AR-15 accessories and "go-faster" bits for your Smith and GSG 1911
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#5 Post by FredB »

These are great rifles!!! Except that they don't work for long-----. I don't shoot as much 22 as centre fire, but I have two rifles. One---single shot--- is pre-WW1 and will still print one inch groups at 100yds. The other was made in 1933. a BSA pump action. Still very accurate. I have owned both rifles for many years and never suffered a mechanical failure of any sort. New shooters today are not buying guns: they are buying images / models of military rifles made of zinc, aluminium and plastic. Pathetic junk.
Fred
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#6 Post by safetyfirst »

FredB wrote:These are great rifles!!! Except that they don't work for long-----. I don't shoot as much 22 as centre fire, but I have two rifles. One---single shot--- is pre-WW1 and will still print one inch groups at 100yds. The other was made in 1933. a BSA pump action. Still very accurate. I have owned both rifles for many years and never suffered a mechanical failure of any sort. New shooters today are not buying guns: they are buying images / models of military rifles made of zinc, aluminium and plastic. Pathetic junk.
Fred
Hey, that’s not a very nice thing to say about someone’s new rifle. Poor show.

I note it comes with a mythical 1moa 100 year old rifle claim which is just as fabulous a contribution to the thread as the somewhat inconsiderate opinion on modern sporting rifles.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#7 Post by Geek »

safetyfirst wrote:
FredB wrote:These are great rifles!!! Except that they don't work for long-----. I don't shoot as much 22 as centre fire, but I have two rifles. One---single shot--- is pre-WW1 and will still print one inch groups at 100yds. The other was made in 1933. a BSA pump action. Still very accurate. I have owned both rifles for many years and never suffered a mechanical failure of any sort. New shooters today are not buying guns: they are buying images / models of military rifles made of zinc, aluminium and plastic. Pathetic junk.
Fred
Hey, that’s not a very nice thing to say about someone’s new rifle. Poor show.

I note it comes with a mythical 1moa 100 year old rifle claim which is just as fabulous a contribution to the thread as the somewhat inconsiderate opinion on modern sporting rifles.
Agreed - "FredB", sometimes if you have nothing positive to say, then say nothing.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Blair_Mc

#8 Post by Blair_Mc »

Well I'm not about to put my safety in the hands of an antique FredB; Particularly as I wouldn't know what a safe and working 100 year old weapon should look like lol. You're a brave person for doing so. I'll stick to my modern guns that someone will no doubt be collecting next century.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
BamBam

#9 Post by BamBam »

If you do feel the need for a titanium firing pin upgrade, let me know as I have a spare one.
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#10 Post by Lancs Lad »

FredB could have worded his post with a bit more consideration but saying that, he has a point.
These rifles clearly have had some issues if the other posts on the thread are anything to go by.

:flag13: LL