Beretta S56E - What's it worth

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Beretta S56E - What's it worth

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

A neighbour walked in with this Beretta S56E yesterday asking for a valuation. It still has the original Edgar Bros box with it and he reckons it has fired less than 500 cartridges from new which I believe.

It is in superb condition and as tight as the day it came out of the factory, downside is it is a straight hand stock with double triggers. My guess is it dates to around 1970, has the chromed bores and is choked 1/4 & 3/4. So what is it worth?

I would say anything up to GBP750 if it was a pistol grip single trigger version however in this for I am reckoning on around half that, does anyone have any thoughts on it or seen a similar one that was recently sold?
IMG_4336.jpeg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
42DAF

Re: Beretta S56E - What's it worth

#2 Post by 42DAF »

As you say a straight hand stock and double triggers and I expect short barrels 28 or 26" make it a less sort after gun it'll be 1970s at the youngest (there will be a date code on the barrel flats 2 letters normally) i expect he may get £500 with the right buyer.

IF you cant decode the date post up the letter or a photo and I'll look it up in my book for you.
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thank you for the offer however I have the codes as well :)

I have a feeling it is an early one as it does not have the post 75 letter code, however it is also missing the earlier X** code which is odd. If it was mine I would probably have given the workshop guys a ring at GMK as they are always helpful.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
42DAF

#4 Post by 42DAF »

Yes GMK can be very helpful on these thing but don’t underestimate the Beretta factory for older guns they are proud of how long some last.
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Agreed. I much prefer and recommend the older Betettas, just not the 56
/d

Shed Journal