Editing posts

This is where our forum rules and regulations can be found, please adhere.
All new members dive in here and read the content before posting, please :)
The forum contact email is admin(at)full-bore.co.uk or dromia(at)full-bore.co.uk
OUR PRIVACY POLICY CAN BE FOUND IN HERE.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Editing posts

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

The 5 minute thing is a joke. Not being allowed to edit your posts before submitting them is a ridicules. But no doubt this will fall on deaf hears as usual and this post might not even be here in the morning such is the moderating on this forum.
Or for some strange reason they will move it to the Grumpy old men a section of the forum I can not access has as been done before. 5 minutes is a joke.
Gazza

Re: Editing posts

#2 Post by Gazza »

You been on the pop Alpha? :D
I thought it was 20 mins to edit?
Anyway, even 5 mins is enough to go through it and correct things or better still do it right in the first place lol
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Alpha1 wrote:The 5 minute thing is a joke. Not being allowed to edit your posts before submitting them is a ridicules. But no doubt this will fall on deaf hears as usual and this post might not even be here in the morning such is the moderating on this forum.
Or for some strange reason they will move it to the Grumpy old men a section of the forum I can not access has as been done before. 5 minutes is a joke.
5mins is enough to change a mistake. It is not 20mins anymore, I do not agree with changing for sale posts because an item has sold.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

If you click 'Preview' (to the left of 'Submit') you can see how your post will look on the forum before its posted if that's any help?
DVC
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by Pete »

"I do not agree with changing for sale posts because an item has sold........."

So how does one indicate that an item is sold if they can't update the ad with "Now sold" or whatever, to avoid others wasting their time?

Or have I misunderstood something here.......?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

Pete,

Post a new message saying SOLD.

What has happened in the past is that a for sale item sells so fast that the OP is changed from the original context with price to just "Sold", which means nobody knows the details that was for sale.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

I understand the sold thing. But I was trying to do a review of my recently acquired GSG 1911 .22. I got frustrated when trying to proof read the post and then whole thing disappeared whilst trying to edit it.
But what the heck no big deal. In future I will just keep my opinions to myself. If you want to know anything about them . Buy one.
MotorRacingBruce1980
Home club or Range: 5th Sussex Home Guard Rifle Club Worthing, Ford/Yapton, Fittleworth, Bisley

#8 Post by MotorRacingBruce1980 »

One thing I have seen work on other sales forums is when an item is sold the thread is then locked by a mod so no other posts can be added and its stops old post resurrection. It also makes it easier for people looking to purchase items to quickly see if an item is still for sale without having to open each post.
Anschutz Supermatch54, CZ452 LTH, Savage 16 FCSS 223, Ruger No1 243,
Enfield No4 Mk1/2 303, Mauser M18 308, Martini Henry Mk3 577/450, Chiappa 1892 357mag, Franchi Affin 12g, Miroku Mk38 GD5 Trap 12g, Ugartechea BLE SxS 12g, BSA R10 22, Webley Alecto 177
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#9 Post by Dellboy »

do the post in word read it correct it then copy and paste into the forum .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

Dellboy wrote:do the post in word read it correct it then copy and paste into the forum .
This is the best way to do it if its going to be a long post
DVC