Alpha .357

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

pbrazendale
Home club or Range: MRPC

Alpha .357

#1 Post by pbrazendale »

Hi,

I am looking at getting a .357 revolver from Westlake engineering, does anyone have any reviews / opinions on these?

Just want some opinions before i buy.

Thanks

Sent from my boing using "An application"
phaedra1106

Re: Alpha .357

#2 Post by phaedra1106 »

Shot a couple of Alfa Proj revolvers about 10 years ago and wasn't that impressed but I was comparing chalk and cheese really as I used to own a S&W Model 29 that was slick as buttery thing with extra butter on it :)

Whatever you buy from Alan you can be assured of excellent customer service and support, can't recommend him highly enough.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#3 Post by the running man »

pbrazendale wrote:Hi,

I am looking at getting a .357 revolver from Westlake engineering, does anyone have any reviews / opinions on these?

Thanks
Two guys at my club have them and everyone has had a go,quite accurate and streets ahead of thoses armscour things.,

When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#4 Post by Nelly2014 »

pbrazendale wrote:Hi,

Thanks

I have one and I love it. I bought it as a package from a dealer including 2 extra cylinders which I would recommend as it is good to get off 18 shots in one go. The only problem I get is trying to shoot double-action and I think that is due to using too powerful loads which cause the 209 primers to distort and foul the cylinder revolution, using single action is not a problem.
Tbh I haven't shot too many revolvers so I can't be as critical of the action as some other cognoscenti but what I do know is that it is great to be able to shoot a proper gun without all that silly crap long barrel and rod thingy.
The noise is a satisfying loud 'crack' rather than the bp boom and with my loads it kicks proper.
Accuracy is fine for me. I fitted a weaver rail with rmr but I didn't like how it looked so I've gone back to standard sights which are not that great but I am looking to upgrade if I can find some that fit.
As said, they are a real talking point at the range.
pbrazendale

#5 Post by pbrazendale »

Thanks guys very positive stuff, Variation going off today for a .357 MLR can’t wait!

pbrazendale

#6 Post by pbrazendale »

Spoke to Alan today I’m on the waiting list for a 6” Alfa hopefully be with me later this year :-)

Dorset_shooter

#7 Post by Dorset_shooter »

pbrazendale wrote:Spoke to Alan today I’m on the waiting list for a 6” Alfa hopefully be with me later this year :-)

Out of interest, how long is the waiting list? 6months type situation??
pbrazendale

#8 Post by pbrazendale »

Dorset_shooter wrote:
pbrazendale wrote:Spoke to Alan today I’m on the waiting list for a 6” Alfa hopefully be with me later this year :-)

Out of interest, how long is the waiting list? 6months type situation??
He didn’t actually say, he just said it will be in the next batch of Alfa’s coming in later this year, I want to hopefully pick it up off him at the northern shooting show in May if possible, but it could well be later than this.

kevinww

#9 Post by kevinww »

I went on waiting list back in April 2017, was still waiting in December, so decided to cancel and put in variation to swap MLR to LBP instead.