Tudor Submariner

Anything non shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Tudor Submariner

#21 Post by Sim G »

DaveB wrote:My Omega Seamaster is due for a servicing too, and I am dreading it. Here in NZ there is only one agent authorised to do the work, it's in the South Island, and the quote is over NZ$1200.

That’s 870 quid, Dave! Bloody hell!

Not cheaper to send it to a trustworthy party in the U.K. and gave it done here?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#22 Post by Nelly2014 »

Alpha1 wrote:My Omega is in for a service the price has gone up slightly the service is now approx £280 I have had it at least 25 year it's probably a lot more. it still looks like new . You can keep your rolex.
Oh thanks, I was hoping someone would give me permission shakeshout
In fact I'll keep both of them as they keep going up in value.
Nelly2014

#23 Post by Nelly2014 »

Nelly2014 wrote:I'm looking for a Tudor Submariner, full size not the Mini-Sub and not the latest type. I had one in the 90's but traded it in for a GMT Master and wish now I had kept it.
Prefer it to have box and paper but not essential.
I will pay true value but not silly ebay prices.
I'm still looking and will consider 36mm 75090/75190 or 40mm 79090/79190 or even the older ones. I am also now interested in newer Black Bay models. Try me.
25Pdr
Past Supporter

#24 Post by 25Pdr »

Bought one these recently £13 from China incl. postage :-) They copied the Rolex Submariner. Its self wind mechanical very well made, don't think it would be very waterproof at the same depth as the Rolex though, very accurate, it's amazing and looks the part. leave you more money for shooting.

I see they are up to £17 now....

https://www.gearbest.com/men-s-watches/ ... tml?wid=21

Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#25 Post by Dark Skies »

Alpha1 wrote:My Omega is in for a service the price has gone up slightly the service is now approx £280 I have had it at least 25 year it's probably a lot more. it still looks like new . You can keep your rolex.
Pfft 25 years? Youngster. My grandfather's (now mine) war watch (Rolex) saw service in the Western Desert, Tunisia, Sicily, and Italy and just keeps on ticking. Didn't cost a penny either - he pinched it off a wrecked radio set and had it set into a leather wristlet. Service was £60.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#26 Post by Pete »

Watch 2.jpg
watch 1.jpg
I've been robbed...!!! This one cost £90 posted.

A Seiko 24 jewel movement, allegedly, and it is certainly waterproof.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Nelly2014

#27 Post by Nelly2014 »

Invicta not too bad actually for a 'tool' watch. Homage watches are very popular especially with swiss movements.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#28 Post by Geek »

Dark Skies wrote:
Pfft 25 years? Youngster. My grandfather's (now mine) war watch (Rolex) saw service in the Western Desert, Tunisia, Sicily, and Italy and just keeps on ticking. Didn't cost a penny either - he pinched it off a wrecked radio set and had it set into a leather wristlet. Service was £60.

Would you please post a picture? My military collection consist of a 1942 Omega, 1970's CWC and a 1970's Hamilton (they look very similar), which I wear when I am having a change of watches. Also have an old(ish) Rolex Sea Dweller (666 movement) and old(ish) Heuer Carrera (no reference number on the back of the case), however I am now reluctant to wear the Rolex after its recent service and fix (£750!) and the Heuer is now the general wear watch.

Also, horology seems to be an interest on this site, what about a "show your watches" thread? Admin, would this is OK, and if so which forum?
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Alpha1

#29 Post by Alpha1 »

Geek wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:

Would you please post a picture? My military collection consist of a 1942 Omega, 1970's CWC and a 1970's Hamilton (they look very similar), which I wear when I am having a change of watches. Also have an old(ish) Rolex Sea Dweller (666 movement) and old(ish) Heuer Carrera (no reference number on the back of the case), however I am now reluctant to wear the Rolex after its recent service and fix (£750!) and the Heuer is now the general wear watch.

Also, horology seems to be an interest on this site, what about a "show your watches" thread? Admin, would this is OK, and if so which forum?

I got it wrong the wife informs me the bill was actually £396.00. But I don't care it looks like new and works perfectly and Omega warrants it for two years and the watch is certainly worth a lot more than £396.00.
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#30 Post by Geek »

Pfft 25 years? Youngster. My grandfather's (now mine) war watch (Rolex) saw service in the Western Desert, Tunisia, Sicily, and Italy and just keeps on ticking. Didn't cost a penny either - he pinched it off a wrecked radio set and had it set into a leather wristlet. Service was £60.[/quote]

Also, horology seems to be an interest on this site, what about a "show your watches" thread? Admin, would this is OK, and if so which forum?[/quote]

I got it wrong the wife informs me the bill was actually £396.00. But I don't care it looks like new and works perfectly and Omega warrants it for two years and the watch is certainly worth a lot more than £396.00.[/quote]

Alpha 1, thanks for the reply, but I was interested in a picture of Dark Skies military Rolex.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S