NRA Handloading course

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

Re: NRA Handloading course

#11 Post by Steve E »

The NRA have been running handloading courses for at least 20 years.
Also consider that only two of the competitive meetings held at Bisley don,t allow handloads (the BCRA and Imperial Meeting TR events) then I am quite safe in the knowledge that handloading will not be banned at Bisley.
For the Open Meeting that I assist in running each year at Bisley, 90% of the competitors use handloads. Even the schools that enter this meeting are now using handloads.
For the NRA to ban handloading would be the end of Bisley. The NRA is not that stupid.
nickb834
Home club or Range: Wakefield R&PC, Warwickshire Armourers R&PC

#12 Post by nickb834 »

Gazoo wrote:I'm a big fan of the NRA, look at everything they have done for us over the years.
signfunnypost
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#13 Post by Gazoo »

nickb834 wrote:
Gazoo wrote:I'm a big fan of the NRA, look at everything they have done for us over the years.
signfunnypost
Thank you
Alea Jacta Est
Dougan

#14 Post by Dougan »

Steve E wrote:Unfortunately there are those on this forum who only think in the negative when the NRA does anything.
Yup, and it's very tedious...especially when you already know someones going be negative even before you write the OP...

Edit: I've just realised that this is now in the 'National Body News and Announcements...I deliberately put it in 'reloading' to make it more visible to folk looking for reloading info.
Gazoo

#15 Post by Gazoo »

Dougan wrote:
Steve E wrote:Unfortunately there are those on this forum who only think in the negative when the NRA does anything.
Yup, and it's very tedious...especially when you already know someones going be negative even before you write the OP...

Edit: I've just realised that this is now in the 'National Body News and Announcements...I deliberately put it in 'reloading' to make it more visible to folk looking for reloading info.

I see your point, but people are allowed their opinions and mine are from 35 yrs of shooting in this country, not a newbie. Won't rake over old wounds just people have opinions, not saying the reloading course is bad, or a bad thing.
Alea Jacta Est
Dougan

#16 Post by Dougan »

Gazoo wrote:
Dougan wrote:

I see your point, but people are allowed their opinions and mine are from 35 yrs of shooting in this country, not a newbie. Won't rake over old wounds just people have opinions, not saying the reloading course is bad, or a bad thing.
I've been shooting at Bisley for nearly 30 years myself; so don't think I haven't stood on Century moaning about the NRA with everyone else in the past, and I've commented on specific things on here...

...but the point of this thread was to point out a reloading course...so not really the place for a general swipe at the NRA.

There's definitely been some marked improvements at Bisley in the last year or so I think credit should given where it's due, and not just continue to criticise out of habit - have a look at the recently posted 'strategic review'...some interesting and positive stuff there...
Gazoo

#17 Post by Gazoo »

yayy
Alea Jacta Est
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#18 Post by Maggot »

Before I moaned about the NRA....I joined.

Its a big old organization, with a few blinkered tossers for good measure, but over the past few years it has really pulled its finger out and tried to help all of us. Some may disagree with that. Some may disagree that all shooters should be helped (in which case go and boil your head), and some may disagree that they are helping all shooters, in which case I hope you get the help and support you need....but please join before you moan.