Mad Max Fury road

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
North Star
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan Provincial Rifle Association (North Star Range), Regina Wildlife Association range.

Mad Max Fury road

#1 Post by North Star »

I sat through Mad Max Fury Road at the weekend and was surprised to see Charlize Theron shooting what looked like an SKS with a Night force scope? Damn that thing was good! You F class boys are obviously wasting your money on Barnard actions and HPS stocks. Just buy an SKS instead! :good:
Never take good advice, if you think you know better.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Mad Max Fury road

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

I'm more impressed she was able to fight off the baddies (one handed) and while being in a shooting comp at the same time! bangbang

Why is this in Competitve Shooting?? lol
DVC
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#3 Post by snayperskaya »

It would be a real PITA to reload with that scope fitted.....stripper clips are out of the window in the SKS is a fiddle to reload without them even without a dirty big scope fitted, also the "up and forward" trajectory of the ejected cases could be troublesome with the scope
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
BamBam

#4 Post by BamBam »

I suppose that's why they never reloaded it in the film.