NEW PRODUCT: The J&J Powder Stand

JDR imports reloading goods to order and has a special interest in historical carbines and all forms of S1 pistols and revolvers.

We also supply everything to do with wet tumbling, with machines ranging from the Rebel 17 to the large, industrial-sized CRC units.
JD4570

NEW PRODUCT: The J&J Powder Stand

#1 Post by JD4570 »

Here's a look at our latest product, the J&J Powder Stand.

Now you can put your powder hopper anywhere you darn well want!

The J&J Powder Stand

Price to be confirmed shortly...
BRYAN3

Re: NEW PRODUCT: The J&J Powder Stand

#2 Post by BRYAN3 »

5KG you say. Is there an optional extra wheels kit available?
JD4570

#3 Post by JD4570 »

BRYAN3 wrote:5KG you say. Is there an optional extra wheels kit available?
Well, then it would roll off the bench lol
JD4570

#4 Post by JD4570 »

The standard model will be a gold/bronze, a little redder and a little darker than the one in the video. That's £124 and carriage (probably £5 or £8 to mainland UK depending on speed).

Any other powder coated colour (from the range we'll have on offer), also £124 as above.

The carbon fibre tac stand will retail at £135.

Turnaround time from colour ordered to delivery, not sure but probably 7-14 days.

These stands are made from scratch in Britain.

Jon
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#5 Post by bradaz11 »

how much???!!!!

why would you not just buy the £25 rcbs stand and screw it to a block of wood? or even bolt it to something like 6mm stainless plate for about £25

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/stainless-ste ... SwirZTuIi8

plus a few £ for some adhesive feet
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

I must admit I was shocked at the price its a nice bit of kit but I have made two very similar items for my two RCBS powder measures if I had known people would pay that kind of money for them Id have made a few more. But if you don't have the facility to make them yourself and you are looking for a super dooper powder hopper holder they are certainly up to the job.
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

Manufacturing things, especially at low volumes can be very expensive. Look at the design time, then material costs, add machining time and finishing and things soon add up. More importantly not everyone has the ability, facilities or even the inclination to build something like this from scratch, it is UK produced and fills a gap.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
JD4570

#8 Post by JD4570 »

Thank you David, that about sums it up.

Sure, you can "knock something up" out of scrap and it maybe it will or maybe won't get the job done and you might be delighted with it. If so, great!

Alternatively, you can have something that has been properly worked out, professionally laser cut, CNC finished, available in a range of powder coatings and is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Unless we take it to China, that kind of thing just doesn't come cheap.

It's there if people would like to consider it (and believe me it is gorgeous!) But I won't blame anyone for developing their own... if they have the necessary tools, expertise and materials and don't want to splurge.

The steel base is 12mm thick. A thinner plate just doesn't have the necessary weight.
Alpha1

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

It's definately a nice job and one of them will last you a life time I suppose. We get a lot of stuff in stainless laser cut it certainly makes a difference and saves a ton of work. But like you say not every one has that luxury.