Grumpy Old Men Forum access.

Noteworthy forum events and somewhere to post details of shoots and events for your local and national clubs. PLEASE SEE POST ABOUT GDPR.

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Grumpy Old Men Forum access.

#1 Post by dromia »

Grumpy Old Men forum.

Full-bore UK is first and foremost a shooting site for the sharing of firearms and gun ownership knowledge and enthusiasm.

Grumpy Old Men is the depository for all non shooting related discussion.

Although we are a gun ownership and shooting forum experience has shown us that debate will drift and go out with the remit of the shooting forums. We as staff endeavour to have a light footprint and don't want to be hounding members with too many rules, most of the time Full-Bore UK is self policing and this works well.

Grumpy Old Men serves a key purpose in this as it contains all the off topic and potentially contentious discussion around religion, politics, current affairs, TV, news, sport, cars, electronic gadgetry and such like, keeping these off topic discussions away from the primary forums.

Because of the nature of some topics in Grumpy Old Men there can be a lot of heated, forthright, passionate and opinionated debate. We do not believe in intervening in such discussions unless there is a clear breach of law or it becomes personal.

We do not endorse the views expounded in Grumpy Old Men. Some views could be taken as offensive by people of different persuasions however we don't intervene as we would prefer to have these views out in the open for all to see so that challenge and debate can give alternate views and members can make their own minds up on whatever value such opinions might carry.

Many members on here find some of the views expressed in Grumpy Old Men unsavoury and even although there is no need for people to look, read or respond to posts therein some of the content still upsets.

As Full-Bore UK is a gun ownership and shooting forum we do not wish it to be defined by Grumpy Old Men content.

Many members share this view and there have been numerous requests to remove the Grumpy Old Men forum but there has been no alternative suggestion as to how to tackle non shooting discussions that will invariably develop. We think removing Grumpy Old Men would cause more issues than it would solve by adding the policing required to keep the shooting forum "clean".

So to distance the non shooting rhetoric found in Grumpy Old Men from the purpose of the forum we have decided to make access to Grumpy Old Men by request only.

If you wish to post in Grumpy Old Men then you will need to ask Christel or myself for permissions to the forum, if like many on here Grumpy Old Men is not your cup of tea and you come here for the purpose of Full-Bore UK, gun ownership and shooting related content then don't ask for access and Grumpy Old Men will not be visible to you.

Forum rules still apply to Grumpy Old Men and it will be moderated as normal.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

Re: Grumpy Old Men Forum access.

#2 Post by polemass »

Is this a new form of censoring or "some animals are more equal then other..."? :wave:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

It is what it says it is, your understanding of that is yours.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#4 Post by Les »

Count me in, please. :good:
polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

#5 Post by polemass »

Ouch!I felt this...soooo politically correct answer... :run:
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#6 Post by Gazoo »

Please sir, can I speak with the grumpy old men, I am one you know.
Alea Jacta Est
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#7 Post by waterford103 »

As one very grumpy old man to another Dromia - count me in , I'm sure you'll be there !!
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
dromia
Site Admin

#8 Post by dromia »

If you want in can you PM me, we should be all fettled by the end of play today.

I am very politically correct and proud of it, as those who know me will testify.

Yes I'll be there, I have to moderate the place.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

25Pdr
Past Supporter

#9 Post by 25Pdr »

Could I please have access to GOM Adam??

Could I also suggest that you could include THIS! as suggested reading before using GOM razz
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#10 Post by safetyfirst »

Could I have my access removed please dromia? I can't take the bigotry and I can't resist posting.