NRA Has A New Ammo Spplier for Imperial Meeting

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Dougan

Re: NRA Has A New Ammo Spplier for Imperial Meeting

#11 Post by Dougan »

I'm watching this development with interest...

...if the ammo is good; then the saving (which is going to be used to reduce entry costs) will make it an excellent decision, but if the ammo isn't as good as RUAG then some folk will moan like hell...

...a look forward to trying some soon.
pb86

#12 Post by pb86 »

Dangermouse wrote:Gas,

If the cadets are getting a 7.62/.308 into a 5.56 L85 A2 I think the performance at 1000 yards will be the least of everyone's worries.

DM
Gaz would be referring to the Cadet Target Rifle, the Parker Hale L81 A2 which is 7.62. Normally used with 144gr for practice and 155gr for comps.
Dangermouse

#13 Post by Dangermouse »

Once again Gaz is right and I am wrong.

I salute his knowledge,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Dougan

#14 Post by Dougan »

Things may have changed since my day, but as far as I'm aware schools and cadets team only compete to 600 yards...and if individuals are sponsored to shoot in the Imperial, then they would probably use (owned or loaned) a different rifle.
rox

#15 Post by rox »

Dougan wrote:Things may have changed since my day, but as far as I'm aware schools and cadets team only compete to 600 yards...and if individuals are sponsored to shoot in the Imperial, then they would probably use (owned or loaned) a different rifle.
The V Club match for cadets is shot at 900 yards.
I shot my first 4 Imperials with an L81. I'm sure some cadets still do; they certainly did 3 or 4 years ago.

TJC
Home club or Range: Bisley

#16 Post by TJC »

Has anyone tried this GGG in 155gr ? Just wondering how you've found it and if there is a spec sheet available ? Thx
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#17 Post by Gaz »

I pulled together what's been publicly issued about it here: https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/20 ... ech-specs/

Basically it's a proprietary round with an SMK2155 bullet. The NRA are selling it at £98/100 otherwise I'd buy some and try it out this weekend.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#18 Post by hitchphil »

89 fecking pence a round!?!?!

thought it wuz gona be cheaper than Ripoff Waster & Shysters ammo?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
TJC
Home club or Range: Bisley

#19 Post by TJC »

Thx Gaz. The article says 78p a round ??
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#20 Post by Steve E »

The 155 gr ammunition is not yet available. When it is, it will not be 98p a round. It will be 78p a round.