News From the NRA 10th of May 2011

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

Re: News From the NRA 10th of May 2011

#21 Post by HeatherW762 »

rox wrote:
christel wrote: As of Monday 9 May 2011 all range hire must be paid in advance of shooting, in the Range Office.
On Thursday 12th May an offer to pay in advance of shooting was declined!

What were the circumstances please? I know one club had problems as the Range Office isn't allowed to take personal cheques for club bookings anymore.

"There's also a rumour circulating that the advance payment requirement may be lifted."

Not true but it may have stemmed from the pre-arranged 7 day agreement bit.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#22 Post by dodgyrog »

I did write to the NRA Chairman. Unsurprisingly he has chosen not to reply.
Man without honour!!!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
HeatherW762

#23 Post by HeatherW762 »

If you mean your email, then I'm not surprised he didn't answer! :evil:

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#24 Post by dodgyrog »

He could have said I was wrong.
Maybe I wasn't.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
HeatherW762

#25 Post by HeatherW762 »

I can't comment on that but if I had received it, I would have ignored it and I know you! :shock:

Heather
targetman

#26 Post by targetman »

Sorry to say the NRA are not being very realistic here.

They expect Clubs to pay either in advance or in arrears within 7 days of the invoice by BACS PAYMENT.

BACS payment is fine if you have internet banking but is not a suitable for Clubs that do not, as a visit to the bank is required to arrange the BACS payment and in the case of most clubs more than one signature will be required and this is not always easy as the club officials whose signatures are required may not be active shooters and not at Bisley when shooting takes place. And in in my case as Treasurer there is not a branch of the Club's bank anywhere near where I live.

Payment by cheque is fine but is not given as an option on the NRA Range Fee payment agreement.

The NRA need to think again and think about just what they represent, they are there for the MEMBERS not the other way around.
HeatherW762

#27 Post by HeatherW762 »

targetman wrote:Sorry to say the NRA are not being very realistic here.

They expect Clubs to pay either in advance or in arrears within 7 days of the invoice by BACS PAYMENT.

BACS payment is fine if you have internet banking but is not a suitable for Clubs that do not, as a visit to the bank is required to arrange the BACS payment and in the case of most clubs more than one signature will be required and this is not always easy as the club officials whose signatures are required may not be active shooters and not at Bisley when shooting takes place. And in in my case as Treasurer there is not a branch of the Club's bank anywhere near where I live.

Payment by cheque is fine but is not given as an option on the NRA Range Fee payment agreement.

The NRA need to think again and think about just what they represent, they are there for the MEMBERS not the other way around.
I think Matt has made a typo and it should be 'can or may' not 'must' as the notice that went out first reads:

May we remind all customers that we no longer accept personal cheques as a form of payment for range hire. Cash and credit/debit card payments are the preferred form of payment.

I'll bring it to his attention on Monday.

Heather
karen

#28 Post by karen »

Yes I noticed that too and asked him. He said that cheques are fine so I amended my agreement before I signed it

Love

karen