Ruger redhawk lbr

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sparks stu
Home club or Range: / Bicester rifle and pistol club / bisley

Ruger redhawk lbr

#1 Post by Sparks stu »

Hi am now a new owner of a very nice ruger redhawk .357 lbr .its fantastic to shoot and very accurate a bit heveier then my old alfa lbr but none the less a great bit of kit that's very well made . At the moment it has a red dot fitted but I'd prefer to shoot with iron sights and that's where my problem ls .it has no front sight one has been fitted when the barrel was cut down from the original length but when I bought it there was no sight with it just a small hole where it had been screwed in . Has anyone on this forum got a ruger lbr they could take a picture of there front sight and take a couple of measurements of its height as the only sights I've found for a ruger have a notch in the bottom of the sight which will not fit on mine .
Many thanks stu
leeroy7031
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: Ruger redhawk lbr

#2 Post by leeroy7031 »

I've got a .44, would guess they would be the same or very near. Will look at this over the next day or so and post you the dimensions and pic etc.
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
Sparks stu
Home club or Range: / Bicester rifle and pistol club / bisley

#3 Post by Sparks stu »

Many thanks that would be great
monkeyhanger

#4 Post by monkeyhanger »

When the long barrel Super Redhawks arrived, the front sight base was silver soldered in place, at least that's what i was told from an American friend. If you have not got the original base, you will need a base and blade making from scratch, unless Ruger will supply you with one. Tapping and screwing an original base, to the thick barrel, would seem like a better option, than silver solder. The great thing about the front sight base on Super Redhawks, is that you can change sight blades very easily. Get yourself a lighter wolfe mainspring, for a lighter double action trigger pull and if you reload, use federal small pistol primers, to avoid light strikes. A great gun, built like a tank, enjoy!