Remington recalls

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Robin128

Remington recalls

#1 Post by Robin128 »

Not good is it?

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and ... enter.aspx

4 recall notices on one web page... :shock: ...as bad as Rolls Royce and Toyota?

Rob
Ovenpaa

Re: Remington recalls

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I wonder how many people will A) read this and B) actually do as Remington request. I only recently threw a Compaq laptop away that had an urgent recall for the power supply a few years ago, it was along the lines of 'Imminent risk of fire or explosion' OK it was just a laptop but I of course knew better... After all it never happens to us does it? :roll:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

Re: Remington recalls

#3 Post by Robin128 »

My laptop may hit the back fence shortly. Asus A6000 entertainment notebook. Just changed the battery. Think transformer needs renewing. Interference on picture started that almost disappears when on battery. It goes so slow sometimes. Running XP and Norton 360. Shut down auto update, but don't worry, it gets done daily...manually. Slows it down when it decides itself to go after updates. Still runs its own quick (not so) scans...haven't worked out how to stop it doing that when I'm using it...don't know I should stop it doing that though.

Batteries were the worry about fire risk, yes?

I would bin this bugger and replace it with a desk top, secreted behind massive self built oak unit. But its in a DTS system that is not High Def and not HDMI. All my CDs are on it, and backed up off board of course. This laptop has S video and composite picture out and no Mfr producers them any more. Everything is HDMI.

Amp replacement £1,000, TV same again, and bad back again to wire it all up...yards of spaghetti out the back.

Wonder if its Norton or IE 8 or both causing it to go slow. Perhaps I have too much in start menu. Turned off some things I know take up processing time. Cannot upgrade RAM, processor. Upgraded desk top myself. Ram up to 2 gig using wrist strap. Brillo'd the motherboard. :)

Desk top rips thru everything.

Sorry, moaning again.

Rob