This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Robin128

Re: .308

#21 Post by Robin128 »

Rob's favourite accuracy load.

N540 39.7gns, 175gn HPBT Sierra MatchKings (heads), COAL 2.800" (Mag limit), Trimmed to length (Lee) CCI 200 primers. Full length re-size R-P brass (but not restricted to).

Weapon...Rem 700 26" 1:12 twist.
1/2 MOA @ 100

Rob
TobyH

#22 Post by TobyH »

Hope you don't shoot wabbits with 308win...that would be overkill!
More deader? :lol:
Ovenpaa

#23 Post by Ovenpaa »

Jenks wrote:However with my 6.5X55se i was a tad more fussy and would strive to get the smallest groups possible. I did get some spectacular results. I think the best I ever achieved was a three round group the size of the group escapes me. Five pence coin ]
Well as we have moved to groups this is my current favourite group, apologies for the poor snap, the Viking took it with her mobile, I wish she had peeled the target off and kept it as a souvenir. 604 metres with my 7mm
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jenks

#24 Post by Jenks »

ovenpaa wrote:
Jenks wrote:However with my 6.5X55se i was a tad more fussy and would strive to get the smallest groups possible. I did get some spectacular results. I think the best I ever achieved was a three round group the size of the group escapes me. Five pence coin ]
Well as we have moved to groups this is my current favourite group, apologies for the poor snap, the Viking took it with her mobile, I wish she had peeled the target off and kept it as a souvenir. 604 metres with my 7mm

VVVVVV impressive. ;) :D

Jenks

PS

And I'm sure like me you pondered on what might have happened had you fired two more rounds. :lol: :lol: ;)
Dangermouse

#25 Post by Dangermouse »

Using the "on target" softwear, I make that a 0.231 MOA spread

Nice at any distance!
Ovenpaa

#26 Post by Ovenpaa »

One of those days when things went according to plan, the odd thing is I was shooting for groups but not accuracy if that makes sense, it was the end of the day, I had shot a lot including Milsurp/.308/.338 and ached all over and wanted to get rid of the last few rounds as I was fire forming so it was a heavily fouled barrel as well.

One of the problems with shooting for groups is knowing when to stop. Do I stop at 3 or 5 or 10? I think 5 would have been more representative but I was banging in three and then asking her to patch, group size was not really discussed and the feedback I was getting was 'fairly good' or 'OK' and it took some prompting to get it measured.

I remember being on Stickledown 1000 a few years ago and getting on the V with my AI. By the 7th shot I was getting worried as I wanted a print off and did not want to spoil it with a '5' The problem was should I keep going or stop when I was still good :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jenks

#27 Post by Jenks »

ovenpaa wrote:One of those days when things went according to plan, the odd thing is I was shooting for groups but not accuracy if that makes sense, it was the end of the day, I had shot a lot including Milsurp/.308/.338 and ached all over and wanted to get rid of the last few rounds as I was fire forming so it was a heavily fouled barrel as well.

One of the problems with shooting for groups is knowing when to stop. Do I stop at 3 or 5 or 10? I think 5 would have been more representative but I was banging in three and then asking her to patch, group size was not really discussed and the feedback I was getting was 'fairly good' or 'OK' and it took some prompting to get it measured.

I remember being on Stickledown 1000 a few years ago and getting on the V with my AI. By the 7th shot I was getting worried as I wanted a print off and did not want to spoil it with a '5' The problem was should I keep going or stop when I was still good :)

The problem was should I keep going or stop when I was still good

What did you do ???? :D

Jenks
Ovenpaa

#28 Post by Ovenpaa »

Kept going and messed it up of course!
/d

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#29 Post by Alpha1 »

Isnt it all ways the way.
Thats the nature of it we are all chasing that once in a life time small group.
Its our goal in life that one hole group. :lol:
Jenks

#30 Post by Jenks »

ovenpaa wrote:Kept going and messed it up of course!

I had my fingers crossed, hoping you were going to say that you fired a further seven rounds and maintained the group size...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Jenks