News from the NRA 15th of April

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Christel
Site Admin

News from the NRA 15th of April

#1 Post by Christel »

Dear Member

Open Day Saturday 30 April

As you probably know we are holding our next Open Day at Bisley on Saturday 30 April but as usual we still need more volunteers to help run this popular and growing event.

We are specifically looking for extra coaches in the following disciplines:

• Civilian Service Rifle

• Historic and Classic Rifle

• Match Rifle

• Target Rifle

• Speed Steels (.22 Rugers) – you do not have to be qualified for this as they need help with ammunition loading and meeting and greeting guests

However if you would like to help out with any other discipline please contact me and I will put you in touch with the relevant organiser.

If you don't feel able to assist in a coaching role, we are also looking for volunteers to assist with other aspects of the Open Day such as ticket collection, answering queries and directing visitors around the ranges.

If you can help out with coaching, assisting or any other aspect of the Open Day then please contact me by replying to this e-mail or telephone 01483 797777 ext 146 with brief details of your experience and what you would most like to help with.

Please remember that the Open Days are a great promotional day for our sport and bring in many new members each year so please try and help to do your bit if you can.

Hope to see you there!

Great Britain Rifle Team to the West Indies 2013

I am honoured and delighted to be appointed, by the National Rifle Association, Captain of the Great Britain Rifle Team to the West Indies 2013. Charles Brooks has accepted my invitation to be Vice Captain.

The tour will be approximately four weeks in duration in April/May 2013. We expect to visit Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica & Guyana, and we will participate in the West Indies Regional Championships. Details are to be finalised.

The team will be 16/18 strong comprising both experienced shooters and some new caps.

Shooters of county standard and above are invited to apply by emailing or writing to me at the address below before the end of the Imperial Meeting 2011. The Team will be announced in October. Spouses will be welcome to join the team for at least part of the tour.

Nigel W Penn

18 The Terrace, Little Shelford, Cambridge CB22 5ET

Email: nigel@nwpenn.net

01223 842899

English Twenty Meeting

Entry forms for the English Twenty Meeting are available to download from the following link.

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/Calend ... RA&id=2724

Jersey Rifle Association website

Please note that the Jersey Rifle Association has a new website address.

http://www.jerseyrifleassociation.net