Mercer & NRA Against Reloading

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Mercer & NRA Against Reloading

#1 Post by hitchphil »

So there it is in black text on white published for all to see - NRA Journal page 7 left column 2nd para:.........Mr Mercer CEO

"...This debate (about rule 150) risks being distracting our attention away from what I & others consider to be the major current safety issue: hand loading of ammunition. Our records clearly show this has been the cause of by far the majority of safety incidents in recent years".........

Followed by the statement "Armory staff have been working hard to secure good quantities of fairly prices ammunition & we have just taken delivery of the 2014 batch of RUAG..." .....yea at #101 a bang! ****

Place your bets - how long till NRA ban home loads at Bisley & we are forced to use NRA supplied ammo only then?........
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
karen

Re: Mercer & NRA Against Reloading

#2 Post by karen »

RUAG is 99p now tongueout

Not seen Journal yet so can't comment but the handloading comment does appear to be a fair one in that many of the "incidents" in the past few years have involved handloads. That doesn't mean that the NRA are "against handloads" though.

Love

Karen
EagerNoSkill

#3 Post by EagerNoSkill »

karen wrote:RUAG is 99p now tongueout
Not seen Journal yet so can't comment but the handloading comment does appear to be a fair one in that many of the "incidents" in the past few years have involved handloads. That doesn't mean that the NRA are "against handloads" though.
Love
Karen
..............and how many "incidents" did we have at the Imperial 2013 with the NRA supplied ammo?????

They the NRA HAD better support hand loading - round for round my hand loaded ammo is far superior in quality consistency and safety versus factory.
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
EagerNoSkill

#4 Post by EagerNoSkill »

Will that mean the that NRA will now stop selling in the NRA RANGE OFFICE
* cases
* bullets
* powders
* primers

just asking!
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
karen

#5 Post by karen »

EagerNoSkill wrote: ..............and how many "incidents" did we have at the Imperial 2013 with the NRA supplied ammo?????
None of the type I am referring to.
EagerNoSkill

#6 Post by EagerNoSkill »

Well Karen that is my point. "None of the type I am referring to."

Then they MUST clearly specify the type of "incident" .. and the quantum of it.
Are we talking 2 or 3 out of how many hundred thousand shooting "events" over a year??
What is the "incidence rate" ..... and what injuries if any?
These "incidents" can also have other contributing causes.....defective weapons, user errors, mud & water etc.

The NRA has a very suspect history ... we seem to be making very positive changes in the right direction ...its time that it pro-actively goes out externally and fights for our sports and rights....When we "fracture" ourselves with vague "incidents" but selectively exclude other types ..... then what message does that give?!

And this is not an Anti-NRA rant - I am very for the NRA. But ffs we can do such a good job of shooting ourselves in the foot!
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#7 Post by the running man »

If the nra ban hand loads then the gallery rifle scene would be finished, nobody could afford to shoot factory loads....
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
EagerNoSkill

#8 Post by EagerNoSkill »

RELAX ................they not talking of banning handloads

its a comment in a journal .... but they impact of it they must start to understand
karen

#9 Post by karen »

Think you're missing my point Tim - the NRA haven't said they're against handloads and that is what I was saying in my reply to Phil.

Unfortunately though not everyone is a good handloader and I am not going to quantify or discuss any "incidents" which may or may not have happened in the past. You can ask others about that!

Love
karen
EagerNoSkill

#10 Post by EagerNoSkill »

karen wrote:Think you're missing my point Tim - the NRA haven't said they're against handloads and that is what I was saying in my reply to Phil.
Unfortunately though not everyone is a good handloader and I am not going to quantify or discuss any "incidents" which may or may not have happened in the past. You can ask others about that!
Love
karen
As I have also said
"RELAX ................they not talking of banning handloads
its a comment in a journal .... but they impact of it they must start to understand"

same page Karen (more or less) ;)