Pimping the BR99

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
techguy

Re: Pimping the BR99

#71 Post by techguy »

It probably comes down to how much time/cost it will add to the project for both you, and the customers..

It would be handy, and would shave off a bit of time on weak shoulder stages. It can be a bit of a fumble otherwise on a normal shotgun! However, weak shoulder stages don't crop up *that* often in the matches I shoot, so I'm not overly fussed.
bofor
Home club or Range: Great WesternShooting Club

#72 Post by bofor »

I favour the AR15 type idea but again your time and our cost will play a part.

Cost of AR15 type with ordinary single side ?
Cost of AR15 type with Ambie safety ?

If you are going AR15 then you might as well include the Ambie latch as the cost between that and single can`t be much to worry about.
John
    Ovenpaa
    Site Supporter Since 2015

#73 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am looking at the costs of the replacement safety selector right now. Not everyone will want to make the upgrade to the after market selector so a workable option is to build with the option to fit both the standard selector with top spring and plunger and an AR15 type with lower spring and plunger, this is easily done by adding a second spring hole. One thing I am not sure of is if the BR99 part is directly interchangeable with an AR15 part, I would hope the cut-out, overall length and pivot diameters are the same however I need to confirm this.
    /d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
    happyal
    Home club or Range: Peverel Rifle Club

#74 Post by happyal »

Can the Level 10 Forend with side charging handle be added at a later date by myself at home?

I'm thinking of ordering one, but want to keep the costs down a little, and maybe add to it as and when I feel comfortable using it.

And secondly, can you ship it to my local RFD in the Isle of Man? Would this be including in the shipping costs.
    Ovenpaa
    Site Supporter Since 2015

#75 Post by Ovenpaa »

happyal wrote:Can the Level 10 Forend with side charging handle be added at a later date by myself at home?

I'm thinking of ordering one, but want to keep the costs down a little, and maybe add to it as and when I feel comfortable using it.

And secondly, can you ship it to my local RFD in the Isle of Man? Would this be including in the shipping costs.
    In theory the Level 10 is now a straight fit, in the past some minor fettling was required however this is no more than some minor file work and well within the reach of the average DiY competent person.

We can ship to the IoM however there may be a small additional charge for this. I will ask the shipping department when she gets back from the Post Office :grin:
    /d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
    happyal
    Home club or Range: Peverel Rifle Club

#76 Post by happyal »

Great, as soon as I get permission from the wife, I'll be in touch :)