Scope rail and scope for .357 Taurus LBR

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

Scope rail and scope for .357 Taurus LBR

#1 Post by CDM5 »

Trying to source a Taurus scope rail, been to 4 local gun shops and none have one. Even on the web I'm having trouble finding any in stock. Anyone know anywhere?

Once sourced I'll be after a scope or red dot, undecided one that. Most of my shooting with it is at 25-20 yards. So a dot may cover too much of the target at that range.

Don't want anything too heavy as it balances quite nicely at the moment.
Dangermouse

Re: Scope rail and scope for .357 Taurus LBR

#2 Post by Dangermouse »

Have you been in touch with Westlake Engineering? Sounds like his kind of thing,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

#3 Post by NoEntry »

Have you tried Roger Francis at Rimfire Magic.

They used to stock them.

Mike
CDM5

#4 Post by CDM5 »

Found a rail, Northern Optics.

Any pointers on what scope/red dot?
GRSporth1
Home club or Range: Bangor

#5 Post by GRSporth1 »

Bushnell will be good in either scope or dot. I think Northern Optics sell them.
On the cheaper side, Hawke Red dots are not to be entirely neglected (the £40ish ones, not the £20).

If you are shooting out to 25yds against the clock e.g. Multi Target, a dot will be better as it will take you a bit longer to line up a scope with your eye and the target. Many of the cheaper pistol scopes have variable and/or inadequate eye relief.
judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

#6 Post by judders »

I stuck an Ultradot Matchdot on mine. Has an adjustable dot that's either 2,4,6 or 8 MOA. Works well for me:
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

#7 Post by ptheta »

Do those scope rails require that you have the newer model with the ventilated rib? I have the older model with the solid rib and am a little tempted having seen that picture.
judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

#8 Post by judders »

The way it fixes to the gun would mean that you'd have to have the ventilated rib.

It has two pieces of metal that slot through the vents and two screws in each to secure the rail to them. The picture above only has one fitted as the second (forward of scope) needed a bit of filing down to fit through the slot and I hadn't sorted it at that point.
CDM5

#9 Post by CDM5 »

Ordered a BSA Edge Pistol Scope, parallax is set for 50 yards, if I don't get on with it it can always go on the Marlin.
NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

#10 Post by NoEntry »

Mike looked like this just before I sold it.

Mike

Should have cleaned it BEFORE I photographed it :lol: