Coming soon, the new range of SHED Tikka T3 Accessories

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Guesty
Home club or Range: Bisley

Re: Coming soon, the new range of SHED Tikka T3 Accessories

#11 Post by Guesty »

The reason I ask is that I am aware of three different Australian suppliers of high Tikka T3 magazines with similar 'billet' descriptions.
Cleaver firearms had the Paragon and now Black Arsenal magazines:

http://www.cleaverfirearms.com/rifles_tikka.htm

Then there's this chap too:

http://www.aihpa.com/Sponsor/Tikka_T3_223_Mags/T3.htm

It all seems quite a coincidence.
Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

We were recently asked to build a semi custom T3 Tactical in a Manners stock with a few tweaks on it, part of the specifications were a different bolt handle and knob and aluminium shroud, when we went to source them in the UK we found them to be horrendously expensive which prompted us to design and build our own. The customer also asked for a 10 shot T3 magazine and as we were already modifying T3 magazines to accept a longer OAL it seemed logical to sit down and design our own billet magazines.

Quite whether there is a market for such things remains to be seen however we now have the prototype and the ability to manufacture some more. Initially in .223 as that is the rifle we have to test with.

Here in the UK shooters use an awful lot of imported goods, mainly because they do not have many alternatives. There are so many opportunities for innovation and new design, thinking outside the box.

Regarding it being a Coincidence, I know there are only so many ways you can design a wheel however at the SHED we always try to take a fresh approach to all things shooting. We are shooters ourselves and are always looking for a better solution/alternative.

Regarding Cleaver Firearms, we did contact them and were told they do not export to the UK. I have not spoken to Aihpa so have no idea if they will ship to the UK.

Supporting UK manufacturing should be a given for all shooters and that the assumption that US/other products are superior is wrong.
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

Oh and while I am at it...the fact that shooters in the UK pay, very often, twice the amount in £ as it is in $ for a product is just plain wrong!

:bad:
Guesty

#14 Post by Guesty »

Jolly good show.
It seems that there is a need for high capacity magazines for the T3 as I'm also aware of at least two other UK gunsmiths that are making 'one offs' and or considering full scale production.
I'd rather buy British made if it is competitive in design, quality and price. However, if not then I'll have to look elsewhere. So that leads neatly on to the crucial question: How much will the magazines cost?
Christel
Site Admin

#15 Post by Christel »

We have not finalised prices yet however please keep an eye on our website and on this section for any updates as and when they occur.
Guesty

#16 Post by Guesty »

Hello again. Is there any update on a price for the T3 high capacity magazine yet?
I'd find them very handy for McQueens!
shotgun sam

#17 Post by shotgun sam »

Guesty wrote:Hello again. Is there any update on a price for the T3 high capacity magazine yet?
I'd find them very handy for McQueens!
+1
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
smk 19 (0.22)
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#18 Post by meles meles »

Whoa, oomanses, WHOA !

Ovenpaa is far too busy on a project rifle for us to tickle your Tikkas...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"