Bolt action Sec 1 shotguns

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Re: Bolt action Sec 1 shotguns

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

I certainly would not get into the slug casting side, especially when people like Dodgyrog can probably churn them out a lot quicker however that press does look quick. It sounds like it needs oiling and certainly would benefit from being screwed down but has to be worth a try.

You need cases, primers, powder, wadding and slugs, job done!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Bolt action Sec 1 shotguns

#12 Post by dromia »

The Load All is not a bad piece of kit for Lee and is affordable.

Used to run a few in 12, 16 and 20 bore, I just have a Pacific machine in 12 now and use the Lee Loader for the few 10 bore BP cartridges I need, I also have/had a MEC for .410 but haven't been able to lay my hands on it for a while now. :(

The reason it was wobbly was it was just mounted with a "G" clamp, screwed down as it sould be and its fine.

Slug moulds are usually single cavity so commercial production can still be costly as its the volume that helps keep the costs down and you don't get commercial volume with single cavity moulds unles they will fit a casting machine.

I used to shoot slug a lot and the accuracy you can get is surprising, I used to love adjusting the point of aim, you put the barrel in a vice and lean on it, I just love precision work. :lol:

Midway is very pricey and components can be got cheaper.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/