Bisley Live, the Gun and Country Sports Show

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Dangermouse

Re: Bisley Live, the Gun and Country Sports Show

#11 Post by Dangermouse »

Can the NSC cope with the amount of visitors vehicles that such an event would hope to attract?

A mini bus service to the train station may be an idea, depending on feedback?

I hope to attend and hope that it is a success and that we see it repeated next year,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#12 Post by dodgyrog »

IainWR wrote:There are also two proper flush loos on Short Siberia, but they are closed in the winter to prevent frost damage. There is no electricity out in the wilds of Bisley to power heaters like in the loos on Melville.

Iain
No problem - just make sure the temporary units are clean and sanitary PLEASE.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#13 Post by Mike357 »

DM, Brilliant idea. I would drive if it was appealing enough but to take the train from Scotland to London then local train out to Bisley would be great. Free minibus would round it off nicely.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
bobbob

#14 Post by bobbob »

IainWR wrote:There are also two proper flush loos on Short Siberia, but they are closed in the winter to prevent frost damage. There is no electricity out in the wilds of Bisley to power heaters like in the loos on Melville.

Iain
A couple of years ago while at SS with my club I needed the loo. Off I trotted to the little brick building. Due to the damp the door was very tight but as I had seen the gents using both cubicles I thought I had better shut it. Big mistake :oops: The door would not budge. :shock: I am not a panicky person and thought about it logically, shooting, noise, earplugs - not worth shouting so waited. Husband realised I was missing and came and rescued me. :)

The reason I mentioned the loos was because of the difficulty someone I know had in finding one to use a couple of weeks ago during the week. The Lord Roberts Centre wouldn't let him in, London and Middlesex where we usually go was in darkness and he was desperate. He found his way in but as he came out he was told he shouldn't be in there. Where is there a decent loo to use during the week?
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#15 Post by HeatherW762 »

There will be a park and ride system for Bisley Live but no info yet as to where it will be situated - at least not at my level :)

Elcho Lodge loos at the back of Stickledown range are open 24/7 365/6 days of the year and heated!

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
John25

#16 Post by John25 »

bobbob wrote:

Iain
A couple of years ago while at SS with my club I needed the loo. Off I trotted to the little brick building. Due to the damp the door was very tight but as I had seen the gents using both cubicles I thought I had better shut it. Big mistake :oops: The door would not budge. :shock: I am not a panicky person and thought about it logically, shooting, noise, earplugs - not worth shouting so waited. Husband realised I was missing and came and rescued me. :)

I'll get someone to look at the doors before we open the Siberia inconveniences, first week in March :)

The reason I mentioned the loos was because of the difficulty someone I know had in finding one to use a couple of weeks ago during the week. The Lord Roberts Centre wouldn't let him in, London and Middlesex where we usually go was in darkness and he was desperate. He found his way in but as he came out he was told he shouldn't be in there. Where is there a decent loo to use during the week?

The loos in A,B,C lines are now usually always open and the two at Melville have small heaters, and PIR lights so don't close for the winterIf you (or anyone else) have any other 'issues' please PM me and I'll do what I can but no false promises. :roll:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
bobbob

#17 Post by bobbob »

John25 wrote:
bobbob wrote:

Iain

I'll get someone to look at the doors before we open the Siberia inconveniences, first week in March :)
Thanks, I think they have been OK for a while now, someone must have trimmed the door. :)
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.