NRA vs NSC

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: NRA vs NSC

#51 Post by Christel »

Awww who is that handsome fellow?

:D
jjvc

Re: How to produce a Banker from a Jockanesey

#52 Post by jjvc »

dromia wrote:
ovenpaa wrote:
dromia wrote: Not so hairy either, I've just had my six monthly cut. ;)
Picture?

There you go.

:lol:
JESUS! Put the other one back up. :shock:

Joe :twisted:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#53 Post by dromia »

C'est moi!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#54 Post by Mike357 »

Holy mother of god Dromia, aliens have taken over your body and morphed you into a completely different person!

Hairy Highlander to suave City Gent!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Dangermouse

#55 Post by Dangermouse »

I would like to thank Karen, Iain and Heather for being prepared take part in this and other debates.

I was at Bisley on Sunday and visited the F Class training team and the shotgun team on Butt zero. Both these points were almost full to capacity.
From those locations I could see that the car park and surrounding approach roads to the Melville complex were jammed with cars. I did not go onto the Melville range but got the impression that there was something big going on there too - perhaps it was the dear society next door?

Considering the weather I don't think that was a bad turn out, although next week end may be a lot quieter.

I will stand corrected but between the F Class and the Shotgun I believe that I saw and spoke with 2, maybe 3 representatives from the NRA. Had I not known them personally, then I would not have known.
Every Gallery rifle competition that I take part in, and over the last few years I think I have managed to do all the big 5 every year, I have seen and have spoken with Brian Thomas on every range. He is always interested in what is happening and reacts to "customers" requests where possible. I know from the feed back that as RO's we are requested to leave, that we are listened to and changes are made.

As Bisley is my main range there are changes that I would like to see there, but I will not confuse this thread with my whinges as it is the NRA in other areas of the country that appears to be the bigger issue, and I dare say most would be more than happy to have a "Bisley" on their door step.
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#56 Post by Mike357 »

I echo DM's opening line.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
karen

#57 Post by karen »

Dangermouse wrote: I will stand corrected but between the F Class and the Shotgun I believe that I saw and spoke with 2, maybe 3 representatives from the NRA. Had I not known them personally, then I would not have known.
Probably because we were all at a scintillating General Council Meeting

However I would say that there were more staff and General Council members here this weekend than any other weekend

Love

karen
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#58 Post by dromia »

Mike357 wrote:Holy mother of god Dromia, aliens have taken over your body and morphed you into a completely different person!

Hairy Highlander to suave City Gent!

:lol: :lol:

Here's me when I was in the world of work. :evil:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
The Gun Pimp

#59 Post by The Gun Pimp »

karen wrote:
Dangermouse wrote: I will stand corrected but between the F Class and the Shotgun I believe that I saw and spoke with 2, maybe 3 representatives from the NRA. Had I not known them personally, then I would not have known.
Probably because we were all at a scintillating General Council Meeting

However I would say that there were more staff and General Council members here this weekend than any other weekend

Love

karen
Whilst at the F Class Training Weekend on Stickledown, NRA Chairman Robin Pizer strolled over for a chat on the Sunday which was nice to see.

Vince
John25

#60 Post by John25 »

As Bisley is my main range there are changes that I would like to see there, but I will not confuse this thread with my whinges as it is the NRA in other areas of the country that appears to be the bigger issue, and I dare say most would be more than happy to have a "Bisley" on their door step.
Next time your'e at Bisley, please look me up. I'll be delighted to listen.
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk