Busy at Bisley

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Busy at Bisley

#1 Post by shugie »

Just back from morning on Short Siberia at 200 yds, very busy both there and the right side of Century. I'm not entirely sure what was going on at Century, but it seemed to involve some sort of rapid fire drill with quite a lot of guns being fired together.
Bit of a dispute with the Old Sargents Mess when the range office seemed to give target 20 to both of us, but the matter was settled amicably enough with them using 22 instead. It was damned chilly, but thankfully not windy enough to make much in the way of wind chill.
Tried out the F-Class bipod I got from the Shooting Shed, works very well on my Swing and I got a decent (for me) score.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Steve E

Re: Busy at Bisley

#2 Post by Steve E »

Civilian Service Rifle going on on butt 19 on Century.
Yesterday morning I had a nice shoot with Hauptman and Co at 600 yds on a very well attended Bisley. Spent the afternoon RCOing
for a GB TR Team on Century and this morning on Stickledown. Was a bit chilly but I was provided with lots of hot coffee.
By the way, I passed you on the M4 heading West.
shugie

#3 Post by shugie »

Just looked at the course of fire for CSR, now I can understand what the din was. You'd need a slick blot action for that.

Didn't see you go past, but my van is fairly obvious.
whoowhoop

#4 Post by whoowhoop »

Blot action?
Sounds messy to me :run:
shugie

#5 Post by shugie »

whoowhoop wrote:Blot action?
Sounds messy to me :run:
Sorry my bludner.
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#6 Post by DanTheMan »

shugie wrote:Just looked at the course of fire for CSR, now I can understand what the din was. You'd need a slick bolt action for that.
You need a slick pair of legs too, the afternoon included a 400-300 yard rundown, 20 rounds prone then 300-200 yard rundown, 20 rounds kneeling/sitting then 200-100 yards rundown to finish with 10 rounds standing, all through the Century lake/bog. Lots of fun.
JonC

#7 Post by JonC »

Anybody take photos or video?
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#8 Post by DanTheMan »

Not from today but gives you an idea.

John25

#9 Post by John25 »

DanTheMan wrote:
shugie wrote:Just looked at the course of fire for CSR, now I can understand what the din was. You'd need a slick bolt action for that.
You need a slick pair of legs too, the afternoon included a 400-300 yard rundown, 20 rounds prone then 300-200 yard rundown, 20 rounds kneeling/sitting then 200-100 yards rundown to finish with 10 rounds standing, all through the Century lake/bog. Lots of fun.

I can remember doing all that and getting paid for it!

Mad buggers!