Walther/Umarex MP5 .22LR Trigger spring Kit

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

Re: Walther/Umarex MP5 .22LR Trigger spring Kit

#11 Post by Daryll »

OOOOHHHH!!!! :D

I feel an email to Richard Pope coming on...
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

cmmg warrior wrote:Well all I have the answer to your quest....I prefer all of my .22 suppressed, it negates the need for hearing protection and I had contacted the Walther inmporter to get a replacement barrel shroud but they no longer are able to get spares. So i went to a chap called Richard Pope of Swift Precision Rifles and he came up with a perfect solution to moderate the 12" HK MP5 barrel whilst still being able to tension it. He makes the adaptors in house and machines the original shroud.
It works a treat and I also have an over barrel moderator coming shortly which will make the old MP look pretty stunning.

I have added pictures of the work Richard was able to do for me.
goodjob

Questions;

Can you supply Richards contact details please (PM if not publically known)
Do you think a 'blank' cap would be possible as well for when you don't want to use the threaded adaptor?
How much....
DVC
safetyfirst

#13 Post by safetyfirst »

Sold.

Wait. How much.

Sold. :)
cmmg warrior

#14 Post by cmmg warrior »

I've got a thread protector on mine that I got off Evilbay. He charged me £50 and did it while I waited. It definitely hasn't affected accuracy. His number is 07739 689871 and he's is Bromsgrove. Worcestershire. I'm sure he wont mind anyone having his number as he is hoping to do a few of them. He may even do them on a mail order basis as its only a barrel shroud not a barrel. Mind you I'd be p*** if the post office lost mine in transit... ****

I have added a photo of mine with the cap on and one with one of his Swift Stubby Cans on. (1/2" x 20 UNF)
Attachments
IMG_1786.JPG
IMG_1790.JPG
IMG_1789.JPG
cmmg warrior

#15 Post by cmmg warrior »

This is the MP5 with an over barrel moderator on...It over barrels about 55mm from the shoulder. It would of been nice if it could of been nearer 75mm...but I still think it looks cool...Let me know what you think... any????
Attachments
IMG_1883.JPG
IMG_1882.JPG
IMG_1880.JPG
safetyfirst

#16 Post by safetyfirst »

Oh I wondered about one of those, had one on my P90 clone. Looks great, I’d have liked a thinner more “knights” dimpled can for the perfect look but I think that wildcat looks great.

Having mine done on Thursday :)
safetyfirst

#17 Post by safetyfirst »

Here’s mine with an acog on it.

Can’t pick a red dot.
cmmg warrior

#18 Post by cmmg warrior »

This is it wearing my .223 Sonic..although there's not enough barrel length to make it to the threads.. :bad:
Looks cool though.. clapclap
Perhaps we can see yours with your moderator attached once its done.. shakeshout
Attachments
IMG_1887.JPG
IMG_1886.JPG
IMG_1885.JPG
safetyfirst

#19 Post by safetyfirst »

I’ll be happy to oblige ;)

Took it out today to confirm it shoots straight, had a blast with it. Great rifle, can’t understand why they stopped importing them, do they still make them?
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

safetyfirst wrote:I’ll be happy to oblige ;)

Took it out today to confirm it shoots straight, had a blast with it. Great rifle, can’t understand why they stopped importing them, do they still make them?
AFAIK H&K withdrew the license for them to be made by Walther in Europe, I think they're still being made in the US though.

Strange how your fake muzzle brake is different to the ones I've seen/mine, there's no knurling on the part closest to the receiver, no wrench indents and it looks slightly longer (but that may just be the photograph)
DVC