Centrefire LBP?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

Re: Centrefire LBP?

#21 Post by FredB »

it wouldn't. 22WMR is faster than the velocity limit for most gallery rifle ranges.
Fred
Newsportshooter

#22 Post by Newsportshooter »

What 1530fps??? Fedral 50grn .22 wmr. Think that falls into galley rifle ranges.
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#23 Post by FredB »

it isn't that easy. Somes WMR is over 200 ft / sec and therefore not allowed on our range. You cannot expect a range officer to go down the line checking ammo. As a result, many clubs do not allow it.
Also, you have given no reason why it is desirable on a gallerry range. Bigger bang, less accurate---why not just go centrefire, handload and get some real accuracy?

Fred
Newsportshooter

#24 Post by Newsportshooter »

I have a .44mag lbr. I just think a .22 wmr would mske a great lbp. As for accuracy, you clearly havent shot .22 wmr vs .22lr if you think its less accurate.

As for range limits me and mv are usually the factors considered. If you are shooting fed 50grns and it says 1530fps on the bix there should (and has never been for me) a problem.
As for the bigger bang, well yes nearly twice the powder. But at least it makes recoil a little bit more realistic.

As for " why not just go centerfire", well because you cant.... not in Self loading LBP anyway.

Anyway Fred, each to their own.