Colt New Service

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

PeterN

Colt New Service

#1 Post by PeterN »

About ten years ago, a friend retired and was moving to Cyprus to live. He had managed to hold onto his Colt New Service after the ban under section 7/1. He offered it to me as he couldn't take it to Cyprus with him. So, I put in a variation for a .455 revolver for holding under section 7/1 and it came back approved with no questions asked. I had to pay him the market price unfortunately. So, I now have two .455 revolvers to oil and look at. He used to shoot the Colt at the Pistol AD meetings and the Trafalgar Meetings. I never got to shoot this revolver, however.
Colt right.JPG
Colt horse.JPG
Colt barrel.JPG
Regards
Peter.
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Colt New Service

#2 Post by bnz41 »

That is nice. :good:

I'm looking for a 1917 Colt Service in .45acp for 7.3
Sim G
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Sim G »

bnz41 wrote:
I'm looking for a 1917 Colt Service in .45acp for 7.3
Not quite what you're looking for, Neil, but there a 1915 .455 here...

https://www.severnsidearms.co.uk/pistol ... 10#photo-1

I've dealt with Steven before, really nice bloke who gets down to the SE regularly.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#4 Post by bnz41 »

Thanks Si

I have seen the pistol and its got a bit too much wear & pitting on the metalwork on it for me, also as you say wrong calibre.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#5 Post by snayperskaya »

What is the process for getting a Sec 7.1 on your certificate?

I have a couple of Imperial-marked M91 Mosins and would like a M1895 Nagant revolver to join them as part of a collection.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#6 Post by DanTheMan »

snayperskaya wrote:What is the process for getting a Sec 7.1 on your certificate?

I have a couple of Imperial-marked M91 Mosins and would like a M1895 Nagant revolver to join them as part of a collection.
I used my Maxim, M44 and M91/30 to add a TT33 and M1895 to the collection, document what you have including books, any learned society that you are a member of (HBSA etc) and go from there.

Note the strip down tool
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#7 Post by snayperskaya »

Ohhhh.....I like those Dan :good: ussrflag

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#8 Post by snayperskaya »

My mistake.....I meant a Nagant on 7.3, don't know why I put 7.1!, must have been having a senior moment :oops:

AL8

#9 Post by AL8 »

Hi
you have to be a member of a Heritage site

List of UK range locations Designated by the Home Secretary as authorised for the storage and use of Heritage Pistols held under Section 7.3 of the Firearms Act (as at August 2020)

The National Shooting Centre, Bisley Camp, Brookwood, Woking, Surrey GU24 0PB www.nsc-bisley.co.uk
The Barbican Armoury, Brancepeth Castle, Brancepeth, Durham DH7 8DE Tel: 0191 378 2880 Email: steve@barbicanarmoury.co.uk
The Leicester Shooting Centre, Unit 55a Faircharm Industrial Estate, Evelyn Drive, Leicester LE3 2BU Tel : 0116 282 7515
The Tameside Shooting Centre, Greater Manchester - B. Skeldon (Chairman) c/o The Recreation Centre, Manchester Road, Mossley OL5 9AA
The Wednesbury Marksmen, West Midlands, Scoltock House Perry St, Wednesbury, West Midlands, WS10 0AX T: 0121 556 9658
Lincolnshire Shooting Centre, Ingoldmells Road, Burgh le Marsh, Skegness, Lincolnshire PE24 5HF T: 01754 810424 E: lsc.complex@virgin.net
Bedfordshire County Rifle and Pistol Association, Clapham Road, Clapham, Bedford MK41 6EN E: bedfordrifleclub@hotmail.co.uk T: 01234 358341
Hertfordshire & Essex Shooting Association, Chelmsford Main Road, Great Leighs, Essex CM3 1NN T: 07990 824023 www.hesa.uk.com
Valley Arms, Bolero Camp, Park Road, Ruthin, Denbighshire LL15 1NB Tel: 01824 704438
The Hastings 1066 Rifle & Pistol Club, Rock Lane, Hastings, East Sussex,TN35 4NY Tel: 01424 465506 E: secretary@1066rifleandpistolclub.co.uk
Marylebone Rifle & Pistol Club, London SE1 9RA heritage@marylebone.org.uk

then show good reason, part of a themed collection being one