Walther ppq sights

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Grovenik46
Home club or Range: Dudley rifle club, Stourbridge old Edwardian rifle club.

Walther ppq sights

#1 Post by Grovenik46 »

hi hope everyone’s doing well and being safe.
I’ve recently brought a walther ppq m2 lbp. Unfortunately it’s not milled on the slider and I was wondering if anyone know who might make a plate that fits on the rear to fit a red dot sight? Or someone that might be able to mill it?.
Cheers paul
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Walther ppq sights

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

I am not familiar with this model of Long barreled pistol but would it not be easier to remove the rear sight and drill and tap the slide and fit a weaver type base to accommodate a red dot.

I am not a fan of Red dots I struggle to get on with the one that came with my GSG 1911. In the end I took it off and put it back in the box and filed it away in a draw some were.
I fitted a rail and a short eye relief pistol scope and that works for me. To be honest I can not remember the last time I used it.
Of all the firearms I own the GSG 1911 is definitely bottom of the pecking order. Actually it may just be above the black powder revolver. Horrible things I got it for free I would never buy one.
If you want to go down the milled slide route any machine shop should be able to do that for you I guess its just a matter of running a dovetail cutter down each side of the slide being careful to not cut through the slide.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

Try contacting either Magload or Blue Field Sports (both operate from the same business park), they're both fans of the PPQ and if there is an option they're likely to have looked into it.
DVC
millemigliadave
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#4 Post by millemigliadave »

It may be worth contacting Nick Hulme at Magic Nine - he is making a fair bit of custom stuff for LBPs... including red dot mounts. He's got a website and a FaceBook presence so should be easy to find.

Hope that helps...
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#5 Post by strangesam »

May also be worth ringing Oceania Defence, they are the importers, and I believe they mill the slides for the red dot versions already.
Grovenik46

#6 Post by Grovenik46 »

Thank you all.
I had a word with Oceania defence at the shooting show, they only do them a couple of times a year and you have to send your slider off and wait till they have got enough to do a batch. I’ll have a look and chat with the other recommendations.
Thank you
shellshokt
Home club or Range: KFC and TR&PC

#7 Post by shellshokt »

"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken
Grovenik46

#8 Post by Grovenik46 »

Cheers shellshotk looks good. I might drop him a email and see if he’s still doing them
shellshokt
Home club or Range: KFC and TR&PC

#9 Post by shellshokt »

I don't know how you feel about using airsoft bits but this looks like the mount the fella in the video used and its only £13. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huenco-Optics- ... 67&sr=8-42
I recently adapted a GSG mount to fit on a CO2 airsoft 1911 for practice in the garden. All that was required was to carefully file the 'wedge' to fit the airsoft sight cut out.
"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken
Grovenik46

#10 Post by Grovenik46 »

where it slides into the ppq is quite wide so seems limited options.
I have managed to get one of these that seems to fit, I’ve ordered another red dot sight so will have another play when it arrives.