Taurus LBR

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Taurus LBR

#1 Post by Sim G »

Well, it seems like it now is truly "dropped". I remember a few years ago that all but the .357 was dropped from the Taurus production lines and the .357 was also with the others, dropped from the catalogs, but now, production has ceased at the factory. According to my local dealer, who recently tried sourcing some parts for mine.

The importer of the Taurus stopped bringing the revolvers in a while ago and has now sold off their inventory of remaining revolvers and their spare parts.

Prices for the rarer guns, .44, 45, .30 and .17 have steady risen over recently and the .22s are creeping up as well.... doubt I'll ever be able to afford a Hornet if i ever came across one!

Still, I reckon Taurus spawned the genre for the U.K. market and if it hadn't been for them, we may never have had cartridge "pistol" shooting on Mainland UK after '97.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!