New ruger lbp?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

MistAgain

Re: New ruger lbp?

#21 Post by MistAgain »

the running man wrote:]t... So all the people in this country that have 2 shot pistols for humane dispatch are they breaking the law too?
I would that though that a fountain of wisdom like yourself would have read and understood some of the basics from the firearms act before you spout about them .

I am happy however to assist your education .

Section 3 of the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1997 provides an exemption for handguns
specifically for humane dispatch. The language of this section does not restrict the grant of a firearm certificate for a handgun for this purpose to any particular class of person, e.g. professionals such as vets etc .

So in plain english a FAC holder can possess a Section 5 handgun on his FAC for humane dispatch . If the police wish to place restrictions on the ammunition capacity of the handgun this work must be carried out by a Section 5 dealer .
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

Re: New ruger lbp?

#22 Post by the running man »

MistAgain wrote:
the running man wrote:]t... So all the people in this country that have 2 shot pistols for humane dispatch are they breaking the law too?
I would that though that a fountain of wisdom like yourself would have read and understood some of the basics from the firearms act before you spout about them .

I am happy however to assist your education .

Section 3 of the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1997 provides an exemption for handguns
specifically for humane dispatch. The language of this section does not restrict the grant of a firearm certificate for a handgun for this purpose to any particular class of person, e.g. professionals such as vets etc .

So in plain english a FAC holder can possess a Section 5 handgun on his FAC for humane dispatch . If the police wish to place restrictions on the ammunition capacity of the handgun this work must be carried out by a Section 5 dealer .
Ile say it again, shooting is full of people like you, i know perfectly well about that, i have been at this for 30 odd years. The crux of your argument is that uk firearms law extends beyond the borders of this country.......well i would not agree with that, it would i agree be good if this case was tested in court someday.
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!