Steyr LP 2 Air Pistol

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

U27 Shooting Range
Home club or Range: U27 Warsaw, Poland

Steyr LP 2 Air Pistol

#1 Post by U27 Shooting Range »

Hi,
could you please share your experience with this Steyr LP 2 Air Pistol? Is it in your opinion worth to spend more money for its legendary brother LP 10 (mechanical trigger)? What makes the difference?
The best indoor range in Poland
http://www.u27.pl/en
stuarta
Home club or Range: Bicester Town pistol and rifle club

Re: Steyr LP 2 Air Pistol

#2 Post by stuarta »

I have the LP2 Compact and shot it in many competitions against LP 10's, FWB, Morini and Pardini pistols and never found it inferior. I have won in County and National competitions and it has been 100% reliable. The mechanical trigger is adjustable and easily set to just over minimum competition weight and is as good as the electronic trigger on my Morini .22 free pistol
The difference is the compensater and the barrel shroud. The compact has a slightly reduced sight length, many top coaches believe this helps the average shooter form the sight picture.
you might get more feed back if you go onto the Stirton Shooting Forum which is air and small bore focused.