Not another Glock

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: Not another Glock

#21 Post by Gh0st »

So basically all LBP are illegal?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
MistAgain

#22 Post by MistAgain »

Gh0st wrote:So basically all LBP are illegal?
You have been told this before , but for some reason you refuse to accept it .

Alpha LBR's are section 1 legal because they are factory built with 12 inch barrels and an extension rod .

Ruger Super Redhawks are section 1 legal because they are factory built with 19 inch barrels , when an extension rod is added the barrel can be shortened to 12 inches.

Freedom Arms revolvers are section 1 legal because they are factory built with 19 inch barrels , when an extension rod is added the barrel can be shortened to 12 inches.

Taurus revolvers are section 1 legal because they are factory built with 12 inch barrels and an extension rod .

GSG pistols are section 1 legal because they are factory built with 12 inch barrels and an extension rod .

Walther 1911 and PPQ pistols are section 1 legal because they are factory built with 12 inch barrels and an extension rod .

Browning Buckmark pistols are legal if they have been converted from Buckmark rifles. Conversions from Buckmark Factory built pistols are not legal.

The 1911 LBP ssold by Low Mill Ranges are section 1 legal because they are factory built with 12 inch barrels and an extension rod .

Glock look alikes are legal if they do not have a Glock frame .

All it takes is a senior police officer with his eye on the promotion ladder or a fireams manager wanting brownie points to seize a S & W and other police forces will follow .

The many (as you claim) owners of these and other questionable conversions stand to have them seized and maybe even have their FAC's put at risk .

They may have to employ solicitors at no small cost , and they certainly wont get a refund from the dodgy dealers who sold them in the first place , as those dealers will need every penny they have to defend themselves.

And worst of all , it could cause a review of the whole long barrel pistol law .
aris
Home club or Range: Watford

#23 Post by aris »

The firearms act refers to metric measurements by the way - not imperial (at least for S1).

Is there anything specific in the law which refers to LBP? I always assumed it was S1 because the definition of the firearm conformed to S1 - i.e. min 300mm barrel, min 600mm overall, not semi-auto (unless 22lr).

Which parts of the act refer to what you have stated above with regards to manufacture? Not having a dig - just genuinely curious.
Gh0st

#24 Post by Gh0st »

So you’re saying the calibre innovations glock is illegal?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

aris

#25 Post by aris »

Gh0st wrote:So you’re saying the calibre innovations glock is illegal?
Curiosity got the best of me, and it doesn't seem to be listed on their website, and a shop which apparently used to sell it (Blue Fieldsports), do not have it on their website either. Not sure if it is relevant though.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#26 Post by Sim G »

No. It’s being said, that if a firearm is made in its first instance, into a firearm that complies with s1, then that firearm will be a s1 firearm when imported.

If a firearm is made to comply with s1 and this is done so by converting a firearm and that firearm there and then would be of a different category, say s5, then the resulting firearm from that conversion would not be a s1 for import, but would remain a s5.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
aris

#27 Post by aris »

Sim G wrote:No. It’s being said, that if a firearm is made in its first instance, into a firearm that complies with s1, then that firearm will be a s1 firearm when imported.

If a firearm is made to comply with s1 and this is done so by converting a firearm and that firearm there and then would be of a different category, say s5, then the resulting firearm from that conversion would not be a s1 for import, but would remain a s5.
Where in the legislation does it say this though?
Gh0st

#28 Post by Gh0st »

You mean section 5 that doesn’t exist outside UK Firearms Act?

aris

#29 Post by aris »

No, where in the legislation does it say that a S1 firearm has to be manufactured as an S1 firearm to legally be imported into the UK as an S1 firearm and that an S5 firearm cannot be adapted into the S1 specification and then imported into the UK?

Genuinely curious.
Gh0st

#30 Post by Gh0st »

aris wrote:
Gh0st wrote:So you’re saying the calibre innovations glock is illegal?
Curiosity got the best of me, and it doesn't seem to be listed on their website, and a shop which apparently used to sell it (Blue Fieldsports), do not have it on their website either. Not sure if it is relevant though.
Sorry that comment wasn’t directed to yourself.