New purchase.....S&W Hammerless 38sp

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

tkd67

New purchase.....S&W Hammerless 38sp

#1 Post by tkd67 »

Just purchased today for every day carry my new hammerless 38 special, was going to go for a Taurus 38 special or another that fired 38 and 357, but got the Smith and Wesson, price was to good, 60.00 cheaper than the local shops.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: New purchase.....S&W Hammerless 38sp

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Very nice, have you tried it down the range yet and have you got a CCW in place yet?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#3 Post by Dark Skies »

My girlfriend has one of these. She loves it. Doesn't snag on all the junk in her bag.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#4 Post by safetyfirst »

How terrible it must be to love somewhere where you feel the need to carry a gun for your own safety.

Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

I read once that you are statistically more likely to be shot by a member of your own family with a defensive gun than you are to use it to defend anyone.
North Star
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan Provincial Rifle Association (North Star Range), Regina Wildlife Association range.

#5 Post by North Star »

(How terrible it must be to love somewhere where you feel the need to carry a gun for your own safety. )

I agree with your sentiments, but society isn't getting any safer and until we start hanging people again, the worse it will get. There are certainly areas of Winnipeg where I would feel a lot safer carrying a pistol after dark!
Never take good advice, if you think you know better.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

safetyfirst wrote: I read once that you are statistically more likely to be shot by a member of your own family with a defensive gun than you are to use it to defend anyone.

And that is bollox! Dreamt up for nothing more than to scare people prepared to take responsibility for their own safety. And, prior to 1953 being armed on British streets for defence was common place, till the destruction of that Common Law right by a Conservative government who weren't prepared to tackle the issue of armed crime amongst criminal youth gangs. Sound familiar? And it was only with the current principal act that ceased home defence as good reason for an FAC!

Of course, so much safer to hand over your belongings when demanded by a knife wielding miscreant....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#7 Post by Lancs Lad »

Sim G wrote:
safetyfirst wrote: I read once that you are statistically more likely to be shot by a member of your own family with a defensive gun than you are to use it to defend anyone.

And that is bollox! Dreamt up for nothing more than to scare people prepared to take responsibility for their own safety. And, prior to 1953 being armed on British streets for defence was common place, till the destruction of that Common Law right by a Conservative government who weren't prepared to tackle the issue of armed crime amongst criminal youth gangs. Sound familiar? And it was only with the current principal act that ceased home defence as good reason for an FAC!

Of course, so much safer to hand over your belongings when demanded by a knife wielding miscreant....

100% in agreement.

:flag13: LL
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#8 Post by breacher »

I have one of those. Made $40 with it too !

Picked it up and when it came to buying ammo for it, seems I was out of date - in my day, 158gr was the go to load in .38 - but on the shelf was all kinds of new 110gr and 130gr.

So, took5 different boxes to a range. The guy said he would supervise me as first time at his range. Saw my little airweight .38 hammerless and asked if I wanted the target at 8 yards or 10 yards. I said 25 yards. He laughed at me and called all the other shooters to come and watch !

Its got a lovely polished trigger and is a joy to shoot. I was getting a 4" group all on the head of a humanoid target.

They then set up some empty .22 boxes at 10 yards and challenged me - each hit and i get $5 and each miss i donate $5 to their beer kitty. I hit the first 8 and they called a halt !
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#9 Post by FredB »

I had a 2.5" barrel model 66, .357. My son was in love with it and entered the falling man competition at Pistol'84. I can't remember his place, but it was pretty high up. He was 14 at the time. Shortly after, I had a 4" barrel fitted. I filed off the ramp sight and had it spark eroded to fit a nice partridge front sight and a set of Bomars on the rear. My son was disgusted ---prefered it as a stubby and so I got him a similar nickel plated model 19. By the time he was 16, he had lost interest and moved on to BMX bikes.
Teenagers today are forbidden from having that sort of experience.
Fred
Sim G
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Sim G »

Nickel plated 2.5” model 19?!!! About as close to revolver heaven as you can get.... unless you can get a 2” model 15. St Peter himself must have one as that is that close to heaven!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!