New purchase.....S&W Hammerless 38sp

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

tkd67

Re: New purchase.....S&W Hammerless 38sp

#11 Post by tkd67 »

Ovenpaa wrote:Very nice, have you tried it down the range yet and have you got a CCW in place yet?
Not yet, bought wed from a pawn shop that also sold New pistols and rifles, working thu and fri, but will either Saturday or Sunday , to a small county range, where you pay $10 for 2 hours
. I have a Winchester 50 box full of 38sp target ammo and 25 rounds of Hornsby critical defense , was advised to use these as carry ammo.

The CCW was completed for $50, then the usual check and finger prints and my license is valid for 8 years, I can after the 8 yrs then opt for , lifetime for $200 or another 8 yrs at $50, the initial 8 yrs to start was a $100. The permit itself is for open carry and concealed, not interested in open carry, and think it defeats the purpose.
The Airweight S&W is just my personal defense tool, in the advent of danger to my or my wife's life, and like most carry pistols, I hope never to see the light of day , except on the range.

I have it in a Blackhawk little holster that's in the pic and ordered a utg holster from amazon delivered Friday for $5, the Blackhawk was $11
tkd67

#12 Post by tkd67 »

Dark Skies wrote:My girlfriend has one of these. She loves it. Doesn't snag on all the junk in her bag.
Had the same problem with the Taurus in 357/38sp shot both, but had the hammer, and would snag on the inside of my jean pocket, and the S&W was only $40 more new at the pawn shop, so had to get the air weight, with no hammer. This pistol was cheaper by $50 than the local 2 gun shops.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#13 Post by breacher »

tkd67 wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:Very nice, have you tried it down the range yet and have you got a CCW in place yet?

. I have a Winchester 50 box full of 38sp target ammo and 25 rounds of Hornsby critical defense , was advised to use these as carry ammo.
Mine seems to like the Hornady Criticl defense - I truied two loadings - one with pink tips and one with red tips - it grouped REALLY well with the lighter load !
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Chuck

#14 Post by Chuck »

How terrible it must be to love somewhere where you feel the need to carry a gun for your own safety.

Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

I read once that you are statistically more likely to be shot by a member of your own family with a defensive gun than you are to use it to defend anyone.
That last comment is just anti gun nonsense made up by people who haven't a clue!

How terrible to go about life depending on a police officer who most likely will NOT be around when you need one - or a bad guy who will take pity on you lol lol lol lol as if!

But that's OK, people have right to go around being potential victims - just a shame they try to project their own insecurities and lack of knowledge on the subject of defensive firearms onto others.

People do not cary guns for self defenc because they need them, they carry IN CASE they need them - big difference. if people could carry legaly in Lodon it would be a safer place - but hey, feel free to let the criminals have the upper hand all the time.

BTW: you have more chance of being struck by lightning than being in (hysterically named) a mass shooting scenario.

Anyway, would you have preferred a different outcome in this case?

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/08/1 ... e025162f23

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/07/2 ... 6d4e0beb06
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
tkd67

#15 Post by tkd67 »

Chuck wrote:
How terrible it must be to love somewhere where you feel the need to carry a gun for your own safety.

Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

I read once that you are statistically more likely to be shot by a member of your own family with a defensive gun than you are to use it to defend anyone.
That last comment is just anti gun nonsense made up by people who haven't a clue!

How terrible to go about life depending on a police officer who most likely will NOT be around when you need one - or a bad guy who will take pity on you lol lol lol lol as if!

But that's OK, people have right to go around being potential victims - just a shame they try to project their own insecurities and lack of knowledge on the subject of defensive firearms onto others.

People do not cary guns for self defenc because they need them, they carry IN CASE they need them - big difference. if people could carry legaly in Lodon it would be a safer place - but hey, feel free to let the criminals have the upper hand all the time.

BTW: you have more chance of being struck by lightning than being in (hysterically named) a mass shooting scenario.

Anyway, would you have preferred a different outcome in this case?

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/08/1 ... e025162f23

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/07/2 ... 6d4e0beb06

Good post above.......

My sister thinks it's crazy, I've purchased a firearm, for protection, she lives in the U.K where there are no guns on the streets. I was telling my wife that in the U.K., it is against the law to carry a tool to protect yourself, think about it, the ppl who do, have a total disregard for the law and you, but YOU can't protect yourself, that's crazy sis.

When I bought my house and asked a neighbor if he had a gun and was kinda belittled , when he stated, come on (my name) it's America, everyone's got guns. There you have it .... everyone's got one, and I refuse to be a victim and feel safer knowing , I may just be able to protect my life if the unthinkable ever happened....would I prefer society weapon free, yes, but life is not like that...
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#16 Post by breacher »

North Star wrote:(How terrible it must be to love somewhere where you feel the need to carry a gun for your own safety. )

I agree with your sentiments, but society isn't getting any safer and until we start hanging people again, the worse it will get. There are certainly areas of Winnipeg where I would feel a lot safer carrying a pistol after dark!
Hmmmmmm - how do you cope with living in a country where you need to wear a seat belt ? Or have compulsory car insurance ? Or the need for fire extinguishers ? Or spare wheel and jack ? How do you cope with the crippling fear that every day that you drive, you might have an accident, a flat tyre or a fire ?

A gun is a tool - thats all. Possessing one for self defence is just being prepared. Its not about fear. Its about taking responsibility.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire