Chiappa Rhino Barrel Shroud

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

GlockworkOrange
Home club or Range: Parkstone Gun Club

Chiappa Rhino Barrel Shroud

#1 Post by GlockworkOrange »

I've been trying to find images of a Rhino 120DS with the fake moderator/barrel shroud removed, with no luck. I'd quite like one of these but I think I'd prefer a skinny barrel sticking out - depending on how skinny it is, what the finish on it is, and how the shroud attaches - threads at the muzzle I assume?

If anybody could take the shroud off their Rhino so I could get an idea of how it'd look, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: Chiappa Rhino Barrel Shroud

#2 Post by Gh0st »

cos the owners can no longer type due to burnt fingers...

Just kidding, haven't seen one myself.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
GlockworkOrange

#3 Post by GlockworkOrange »

I've even messaged a few retailers but nobody is willing to take it off... I assumed it was simply screwed on a thread at the muzzle but perhaps there's more to it than that!
Tacticool
Home club or Range: EMMR

#4 Post by Tacticool »

I might be wrong but I think it needs a special tool that they do not supply with the gun. I have had my hands on one and was interested in getting the shroud replaced with a rectangular one to carry on the rhino ‘look’ the end of the barrel. Got bored of trying to find it out and just bout myself s lovely 6” Westlake instead - having shot both I’m glad I went with the Westlake.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
GlockworkOrange

#5 Post by GlockworkOrange »

That's interesting, perhaps it is more complex than I'd assumed then. If Westlake made a muzzle loading cylinder for the Rhino I'd be all over it!
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#6 Post by HH1 »

I have one of these Chiappa Rhinos and as far as I can see there are two indentations in the end of the shroud. Probably loctited on and tightened with a special 2 prong tool.