It’s Glock o’clock

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: It’s Glock o’clock

#21 Post by Gh0st »

I was thinking more the moderator aspect would impact being heard on a shot timer.... thats all
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#22 Post by safetyfirst »

If you unscrew the end cap and don’t put a baffle stack in, it’s probably louder!
BooBoo
Home club or Range: Various

#23 Post by BooBoo »

SF,

Any update on your Range Report... I'm intrigued to know how it performed both in terms of accuracy and reliability?

Thanks
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

It’s Glock o’clock

#24 Post by safetyfirst »

Yes! Accuracy I didn’t have time for, it was very cold and I was in a hurry but I fed it 350 rounds of blazer, minimag, cci subsonic, cci standard.

5 failures to fire in total, all light strikes towards the end of the testing, i think it likes to stay clean. The internal hammer cocks very early in the slide travel so you can give a round a second strike without unchambering it if you’re careful.

Brilliant brilliant pistol to shoot, very snappy, very nice in the hand. It held its own on a head sized steel plate at 25 if I did my bit.

The 15 round mags swap out very easily and the enlarged magwell makes this a great practical gun. Mags drop out easily.

I don’t have a moderator insert that’s functional, I tried a 3D printed one made from PETG but it showed signs of heat damage very quickly, I’d never put one in the gun again, just not safe. Cactus are now supplying nylon inserts that stand up fine so I’m told.

All in all a cracking little gun, nice and quiet even without a baffle stack in there, the empty can still provides a good level of suppression.

I’d be surprised if it holds its own accuracy wise against anything other than a GSG, the barrel is less than half the length and not pinned to the frame.

I’ll report back when I’ve had a chance to bench rest it and use a proper target.
Andy

#25 Post by Andy »

I've been trying to find out more about these, there's no Web page or sod all on the Internet.
How does one buy or even see one of these ? A shop Visit isn't exactly practical either.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#26 Post by safetyfirst »

JammyGuns

#27 Post by JammyGuns »

Would love to see a vid of this in action. Being in the UK there's so little media attention (I mean in terms of gun mags, website reviews etc) for things like this. I see gunmart released a 15/22 vid the other day for some reason - a rifle that already has an absolute ton of coverage... It's free of course, so not moaning too much, but I'd love them to get hold of one of these. And also when they do, do proper paper punching.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#28 Post by safetyfirst »

I’ll try and get down the range again in the next few weeks. See what I can do!
Hunter87

#29 Post by Hunter87 »

It’s not a flock tho.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#30 Post by Gh0st »

Hunter87 wrote:It’s not a flock tho.
well its not a Glock so what would you call it?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk