Two new handguns

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

rufrdr

Two new handguns

#1 Post by rufrdr »

My two latest handguns:

Ruger MkIII .22lr. The trigger is amazing and the accuracy is far better than I can achieve. It has been superseded by the MkIV but the MkIII has a better trigger as far as I am concerned. Not as good as the MkII but very nice.

Most recent is a Smith and Wesson model 27 .357. It is a modernized version of the classic model 27. Another great shooter but the grips are a bit skinny for me. I need a Tyler grip adapter for it.

Lastly is some eye candy: two Colts; a Series 80 Government model and a Officer's model.

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Two new handguns

#2 Post by DaveB »

I had an Officers' Model in stainless once upon a time. It was a great little handgun.
Love those classic S & W handguns.
AL8

#3 Post by AL8 »

very nice, enjoy shooting them
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#4 Post by Gh0st »

Nice, i have a Ruger MKIV Target, shoots well
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Very nice, I have been reading some articles recently on a group where they are shortening the barrel of the Ruger MkIII .22LR right back to virtually nothing and fitting suppressors.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#6 Post by breacher »

Ovenpaa wrote:Very nice, I have been reading some articles recently on a group where they are shortening the barrel of the Ruger MkIII .22LR right back to virtually nothing and fitting suppressors.
I have always loved the integrally suppressed Ruger .22 pistols.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
ordnance

#7 Post by ordnance »

Whats the law in the UK regarding suppressors on hand guns. ? PS nice guns enjoy.
rufrdr

#8 Post by rufrdr »

Ovenpaa wrote:Very nice, I have been reading some articles recently on a group where they are shortening the barrel of the Ruger MkIII .22LR right back to virtually nothing and fitting suppressors.
Suppressors are a big thing in this state. Many are sold and used for backyard shooting.

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#9 Post by Gh0st »

ordnance wrote:Whats the law in the UK regarding suppressors on hand guns. ? PS nice guns enjoy.
Required to be specified on ticket unless supplied as part of the gun (internally suppressed). I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ho, that is correct, if it is removable it has to be listed as an item on your FAC. Police firearms departments and very good about them these days, with may just listing it as an item and not the calibre or serial if visible. This means it can, in theory, be swapped out without a variation when it fails.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal