Sec 7 carrier

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Vintage stuff
Home club or Range: Altcar

Sec 7 carrier

#1 Post by Vintage stuff »

Hello there, does anyone know of a sec 7 carrier in the north west. thank's Dave
When things get beyond a joke, light a cig and have a smoke. If you find a cig won't do, boil the kettle, have a brew.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Sec 7 carrier

#2 Post by Sim G »

You’ll actually need a section 5 dealer/carrier. S7 is a section of an amendment which allows prohibited weapons, s5, to be “owned” under certain circumstances. Section 5 authority is what is needed.

I know it might seem pedanantic, but I only mention it should you have done a “section 7” google search or something.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Vintage stuff

#3 Post by Vintage stuff »

Thank's Sim and AL8 I cannot send p ms as yet, it seems that there are quite a few categories under sec 5 from shotguns to rockets to pistols to exploding bullets etc and if they do not have a certain category they cannot transport that type, I am hoping to find a local ish carrier or a local sec 7 rfd who is authorized to transport, don't want to drag a carrier from the other side of the country. Dave
When things get beyond a joke, light a cig and have a smoke. If you find a cig won't do, boil the kettle, have a brew.
MistAgain

#4 Post by MistAgain »

I think they have to have Sect 5 to transport any Sect 7 firearms .

There are no Sect 5 dealers in Merseyside . Merseyside police got rid of them all a few years back .

I think Manchester has 2 , not sure about Lancs . Cheshire has a couple as well but they dont handle outside work.

Most Sect 5 carriers charge by the mile , like a taxi except more expensive .

You could try Jim at Valley Arms in Ruthin , he has a Sect 5 . He is only in maybe 1 day a week though , so you would have to keep trying to get hold of him .
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

How did Merseyside Police “get rid” of all s5 dealers? S5 is on the authority of the Secretary of State, not the Chief Constable...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#6 Post by snayperskaya »

From the HBSA website.....

"Pistols are stored at Sites Designated by the Secretary of State. For maintenance, or, more commonly, refurbishment and conservation by gunsmiths, the authority of the issuing police is required in writing to the owner before the pistol may be moved from the site, and this by a section 5(1)(aba) dealer with a specific authority to transport such prohibited weapons. This includes pistols that are transported by section 5aba dealers on the behalf of owners for academic purposes such as research, study, and lectures (such as those given to the HBSA). In addition, 7.3 pistols may now be exhibited at some specified HBSA section 7 events, albeit under stringent conditions."
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
MistAgain

#7 Post by MistAgain »

Sim G wrote:How did Merseyside Police “get rid” of all s5 dealers? S5 is on the authority of the Secretary of State, not the Chief Constable...
Merseyside Police are skilled in the dark arts of "suggestion" .

When Paul Evers told them he was going to retire due to health reasons , they "suggested" that he disposed of his Sect 5 firearms in a very tight time scale .

They also "suggested" the Sect 5 dealer that he should take his firearms to .

Over £20.000 worth of Sect 5 was sent to this dealer who paid £1200.00 for them in full and final settlement . The payment was made only after another Sect 5 dealer told the "suggested" dealer that he wanted to make arrangements to collect Paul Evers firearms .
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

Why not contact a few of the Section 7 ranges (they're all listed in the Guidance to Police for Firearms Licensing) and ask them who they use/how they do it? :good:

I know from my unfortunate episode with my lever-release rifle the S5 courier was going to charge a little over £1500 to take a rifle from Cleveland to Bodmin! wtf
DVC
Vintage stuff

#9 Post by Vintage stuff »

Does anyone have a contact number or e mail address for the Tameside Centre, it's the only one on the HBSA list that doesn't show a contact number, and an internet search doesn't throw anything up. Dave