New LBP: Love it or Hate it!

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: New LBP: Love it or Hate it!

#31 Post by Gh0st »

Indeed, just about to request some more....
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

New LBP: Love it or Hate it!

#32 Post by safetyfirst »

So! I popped down to see Ron Flint of Cactus Arms, we had a cup of tea and went though his Glock Factory.

They seem really nice, well put together, well priced, solid on the hand, completely like a Glock in every practicable way!

They come in at around £900 with a couple of mags, which are available in 10,25,25 round capacities and they’re working on their own mags too.

Lots of colours for both the lowers and the slides, all finished and anodised here in the U.K. AND Cactus Arms branded.

They can take red dots and there are various available with the pistols.

The barrel has a fixed suppressor on the end to meet minimum legal length but the rifled portion is not much longer than the slide, the suppressor then being a permanent fixture with a screw cap at the end of the barrel so you can remove the baffle stack for cleaning.

I’m told it’s exceptionally quiet.

All pistols are hand finished and assembled by Ron here in the U.K. to order, plus he has quite a few on hand for sale now.

I’ve specced mine out and ordered it, it’s being built as we speak and sent off for proof.

I’ll report back when I have had a chance to shoot mine, probably December, all depends on the proof house!

Here are some pics.

ImageImageImageImage
Gh0st

#33 Post by Gh0st »

Good to see them with some proper pictures.

Look forward to the range report when you get it, hopefully the proof house isn’t the 8 weeks most are being quotes
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

BamBam

#34 Post by BamBam »

GlockworkOrange
Home club or Range: Parkstone Gun Club

#35 Post by GlockworkOrange »

That certainly does look like an 80% Glock frame. I wonder if a proper Glock frame would fit. It's certainly an interesting LBP but it would be much more attractive if it was closer to an actual Glock looks-wise.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#36 Post by safetyfirst »

Looks and feels very close to a Glock to me, I’ve fondled many a Glock in my time.
A saffa
Home club or Range: Bisley

#37 Post by A saffa »

Does it have the glock trigger pull?

Sent from my boing using "An application"
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#38 Post by safetyfirst »

I recall a nice feeling trigger with a mid length reset.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#39 Post by safetyfirst »

GlockworkOrange wrote:That certainly does look like an 80% Glock frame. I wonder if a proper Glock frame would fit. It's certainly an interesting LBP but it would be much more attractive if it was closer to an actual Glock looks-wise.
Any gen3 Glock 17 frame will fit the upper I think. I played with two different slide systems on the same lower.
Gh0st

#40 Post by Gh0st »

Any news when yours will be ready?