Volquartsen pistol

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

Volquartsen pistol

#1 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

Had a look at the new offerings on the Volquarsen stand today at the Trafalgar trade fair and it looked and handled very nice.
So do we think it's worth it's premium price tag of around £2400... ?
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Volquartsen pistol

#2 Post by Pete »

I looked at them as well..............I thought they were having a laugh.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
BamBam

#3 Post by BamBam »

They do shoot very well... But you could buy a K22 with about 10K rounds for that kind of money and still have change.
Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

#4 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

It's accuracy I would be after and speaking to others that have them they are supposed to be the dogs danglers. lollol
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#5 Post by shugie »

That's strong money all right, you'd have to be a seriously good shooter to benefit from the cost. Although I would expect the trigger to be very nice indeed.

If you can shoot well enough to justify the cost over and above a K22, then it would be worth it, after all there are plenty of people with rifles that cost considerably more.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

A two grand race pistol 20 years ago didn't raise eyebrows...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#7 Post by Gh0st »

Assuming these were from Stockade?

How did the target barrel weigh up? Looks front heavy in the pics.

£2400 is a lot when there are people winning GR comps with buckmarks
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
MistAgain

#8 Post by MistAgain »

Gh0st wrote:Assuming these were from Stockade?

How did the target barrel weigh up? Looks front heavy in the pics.

£2400 is a lot when there are people winning GR comps with buckmarks
I just dont get this thing that some people have about a gun being too expensive . A standard V-2000 is roughly $1100.00 , and thats before a special 12" barrel is fitted , and the coathanger ! Add all the costs of getting the thing here ready to sell and the dealers /importers profit it still seems a fair price .

Comparing some prices from 1987 is interesting , a standard Gold Cup was £630 , a 686 was £287 .

London average gross weekly wage was £265.00 in 1987 , today UK average gross wage is £515.99 . Of course its hard to balance out prices of guns then and now as what we can have is so limited . but on the whole prices of what we can have are not that bad when you compare out present wages.

The way I see it is that there are too many of us who want dealers to cut and cut again their prices . If dealers cant get a proper return on their investment , we will loose them .`
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#9 Post by Gh0st »

Personally, I’m in a position where the price is not so much of an issue. As long as the wife doesn’t want the extension for a couple of months extra.

But there are those who may not see the Value for money of £2400. If you compare the price of one £2400 gun vs any other sport and I’m merely picking a popular one of Golf. A whole set of ping clubs would only cost you £1200 for a fitted set. (For those not so much in the know of Golf, Ping are a mid to high end brand).

Shooting is NOT cheap i agree. But what ever we buy you have to justify the cost to yourself.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

That also assumes we weren't getting ripped off in 1987 teanews
DVC